It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2002, 08:34 PM   #1

rekabs HB User
Question arua seizures

arua siezures when I have a siezure 1 min. to 30 sec before I get a feeling the best way I can explane it is when you were a kid and did something wrong a got caught that feeling of guilt or anxity . then I go out standing sitting what ever blank look in my eyes fingers and thumb rubing to gether then it is over its like waking from a trance. we still cant find the right witches brew to stop them we stop them for a while then back to the begining. it just seems to be getting worse. the dizzyness the sore muscles sleepless nights, or days I feel like I could sleep all day and still not get enough sleep. I guess im just getting alittle down. I know there is no true cure just a crutch to get by with Im on so many meds I fell like a drug head kind of tests your limits Im glad ive got my kids to give me the strength to go on they bring me through every time .

[This message has been edited by rekabs (edited 05-11-2002).]

Old 05-11-2002, 09:38 PM   #2

Beth's Mom HB User
Rekabs,
I can sympathize with your feeling down...it is rather a roll of the dice, isn't it?
Am wondering how many meds they have you on and in what order you were put on each? Have you thought of taking one away at a time and trying different combinations to see if you could do without some and get better control with fewer meds? Or, could you restructure your life for awhile to pack in a lot of time for sleep...maybe you have deprived yourself for too long of periods without sleep and have not caught up sufficiently to keep the seizures controlable. I am not sure that total control of seizures, which would be ideal, is necessarily the answer as too many meds can make you feel like a zombie...we are talking about finding the best quality of life here.

Good luck. Keep the message board informed of your progress. God Bless.
Beth's Mom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2002, 04:50 PM   #3

PatM HB User
Wink

I have allways tryed to keep it 2 meds or less. Are you taking any vitamins or herbs that you might not be telling your doctor about? are you a big coffee drinker or tea drinker? the cafine will have an effect with different medications. don't forget the cafine in soft drinks also. do you keep a seizure journal or callender? you or your doctors might see some pattern of the eppisodes.. forgive my spelling and hang in there.

Old 05-23-2002, 12:53 AM   #4

Kimba523 HB User
Rekabs, after appr. a year of suffering my aura seizures I realized that it wasn't lack of sleep, it was too much sleep. I discussed it with my neuro and we decided to very carefully adjust my meds. I take higher doses of the meds with drowsy effects at night and lower doses in the morning and viceversa with the non-drowsy meds. Also, a morning brisk walk to wake up the nerves and senses help <ME> but, discusss it with the neuro.
Kimba

Closed Thread