It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2002, 03:17 PM   #1

natasiatarot HB User
Unhappy spent last night in emergency room, had a complex partial

hi yall!
I am really scared. I am only 17 years old and i have had these seizures since i was 5 years old. I have been out of school all week. Yesterday i went to the docor and he didnt do anything. He said it was just side affects. Well i went back at about mid-night last night. Finally he did something. all he did was give me a valume. It made me sleep but thats all. Today i am feeling just as bad. My head aches are getting so bad and i just zone out. what do i do? i really need help!! Please!! Any advice at all would be great
Thanks

Old 05-11-2002, 05:24 PM   #2
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Natasia,

What meds are you taking again? when I was your age I went through the same thing hon also have you started your period? if you have and those headaches are around your period you might want to mention that to your doctor. I was taking tegretol and Dilantin both when I was getting the headaches I also could not move with these migraines and just remember laying on the floor sweating them out... it was horrible could not listen to music tv or anything and I was trying to fill in as backup keyboardist (music) just could not do it I was put on antivert...I don't know much about this as you would need to talk to your doctor mind you this was years ago and they may have something new out .. don't be scared hon just ask the questions and DEMAND some answers you can't live life with those kind of headaches....

Hugs
Koko

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2002, 09:30 PM   #3

Beth's Mom HB User
Natasha,
We can assume that your seizures and headaches are able to be monitored by seizure meds. but you should also be checked for a heart related problem. A former student of mine was mis-diagnosed. You mentioned your Mom was one of the first to use this message board...have her check out this link with you to see if you think it might be something you need to consider... [url="http://www.medtronic.com/reveal/seizures/eval.html"]http://www.medtronic.com/reveal/seizures/eval.html[/url]
Thanks for your kind words on another post for our daughter.
I wish you luck in the weeks ahead. So sorry you had to end up in the emergency room for relief...
Beth's Mom

Old 05-23-2002, 08:07 PM   #4

Gary L HB User
Smile

Natasia,
What medicine are you on? When I was having problems they really could not answer, they put in the hospital, put the leads on my head and monitored me for several days. They can tell what is going on in the brain. A lot of answers could be found.
I know it is scary. I've been there. But we're all friends and help each other. You take care.
God Bless
Gary L

Closed Thread