It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2002, 06:26 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Question Exhaustion, is this common?

Hey guys! Does anyone else suffer from exhaustion? Is this another wonderful little side effect? I'm on no meds. I work 40 hrs a week and have a 3 and 5 year old, but..... I don't know, I'm tired all the time. I get home from work and crash for almost the entire day. I sleep around 5 or 6 hours each night, and anymore have atleast a three hour nap during the day. I'm just not functioning very well anymore. Its starting to annoy my hubby, but I really can't help it. I try so hard to help out when I'm home from work, but like I said I just get so darn tired I could fall asleep standing up if given the opportunity! Is this common?

One other thing, I'm thirsty all the time! I used to have a hard time drinking those 8 glasses that are recommended for a healthy person, now I constantly drink water can't get enough! Common?

Take care all!!!
Lisa

[This message has been edited by Lisa T (edited 05-23-2002).]

Old 05-23-2002, 09:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi Lisa,
Have you spoken to your Doc about the exhaustion and thirst? It sure sounds like something metabolic must be going on. I'm sorry you're having this problem, and that your husband is less than thrilled. It could also be depression. I'm pretty exhausted alot of the time myself, and blame it on the meds, but wonder if I may be depressed . I began having seizures in Sept. I was going to be getting my license back in April, but had another seizure in January. Now I have to wait until July to be able to drive again! I live about four miles from civilization, and am feeling VERY isolated. So, I wouldn't be surprised if I am suffering from depression. Woops, I apologize for making this about "Me." I hope you get some answers from your Doc. Take care of yourself, and good luck. Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2002, 12:47 PM   #3

Kimba523 HB User
Lisa, If your on no meds, perhaps you should speak with your doc about being placed on some to help. I know in my personal experience, my exhaustion finally pushed me over the edge into 3-hrs of grand mal repitition (not status elipticus). As for the thirst...well, my thirst is definetely from the meds. But, I take several combinations of meds for several different diagnosi.
8)Kimba

Old 05-24-2002, 01:55 PM   #4
(male)

couldbeworsaspose HB User
Talking

hi lisa,
My wife went through a bout of lethargy,turned out she was in need of iron,so she was prescribed iron tablet's and It worked,see your doc,you never know.I often feel tired and sometimes go to sleep after a siezure,It's quite common I'm told.
garry

Old 05-24-2002, 02:15 PM   #5
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
hi Lisa

is this after seizures only? anyone working 40 hours with kids has got to have it tough as it is..also hon if your only getting 5-6 hours sleep a night, the human body requires 8 hours.. your body is not getting its last cycle of sleep which is the most important. do a search on sleep cycles it will bring up a website that explains the 4 cycles of sleep.

Hugs
Koko

Old 05-25-2002, 04:47 PM   #6

kutie HB User
I think one of the side effects of diabetes is extreme thirst.

Old 05-25-2002, 07:11 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Unforuantely this happens all the time. But after my seizures its even worse. I can't quite figure out a scheadule where I could get more sleep at night. See I get up to go to work at 1:00am, I usually go to bed between 7 and 9.(depends on if my hubby is home) My job is very physical (unload truck for Target - truck is usually atleast 1500 pieces/boxes)

I plan on talking to my doc about all this, but I don't see him again until the end of June so I wanted to check with you guys and see if it was something that was common!?

Take care guys and thanks for always being here for me!
Lisa

Closed Thread