It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2002, 09:49 PM   #1

CrystalBaca HB User
Red face Can any one help me with Topamax?

I don't have Epilepsy and I've never had a seizure but I do have really bad migraines and a pseudotumor so my doctor put me on Topamax it made me so sick. I know they give Topamax for seizures so I wanted to see if any one will tell me there experience with this medication. Also if any one knows what that means when your hands and feet get numb also my whole left leg goes dead and I can't even feel it for a few minutes if you know please help. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2002, 11:16 PM   #2

Piano HB User
Hi, take a browse thru some of the posts. And I'm sure others will reply with experiences. RIGHT GUYS? Ha ha, they're all scared of me. There are several posts, especially on the second page, that contain alot of info on Topamax.

Piano

Thanks for visiting!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2002, 05:15 PM   #3

Kimba523 HB User
Smile

Hey, Crystal,

It's funny you mention Topomax in correlation with your migraines. My friend was prescribed it as well for her migraines last summer. She took it for three months and was better. The irony? I take Topomax for seizures and have no insurance so she gave me her 6 months worth of refills! Anyway, it worked like a charm for her and it works like a charm for me. Also, if your getting numbing sensations AND you have migraines you should talk to your neurologist. You could have a pinched or damaged nerve. When my leg was going numb a few years back, it was from a car accident that caused a buldging disc in my lower lumbar. Now, the disc was no problem (just a might bit painful). It was the fact that the BULDGE was pressing against a nerve. I don't know...that's just what happened to <ME>. Everyone is different!

Kimba

Closed Thread