It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2002, 05:11 PM   #1

Beth's Mom HB User
Post Miracle League/Research

Tom Brockaw had a great segment on the evening news tonight about a Miracle league started in Georgia. Said the organizers were shocked to find out that there were 50,000 "special kids" wanting to play ball.

Just thought you might not feel so all alone with your problems.

It always strikes me how letters keep saying things over and over that connect in what they are saying, but the cure does not seem to be there.

Research is so important. I think we would be shocked to learn how many people with epilepsy there are in this nation. We need to push for research.How many of those writing belong to the Epilepsy Foundation? I joined the local chapter but let it lapse...am going to join again.They may be the only voice we have to push for solutions...think about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2002, 07:32 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi Marilyn,
Great idea! What we really need is a high profile person that is willing to help publicise the subject of seizure research. ANY CELEBRETIES OUT THERE?!?! Many of the questions I have.....and ones that I frequently see on this board...are also baffling to my Neurologist. Research might help! I will join the Epilepsy Foundation, thanks for the idea. Hope all is well, and that Beth is doing well. Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2002, 06:57 PM   #3

Beth's Mom HB User
Kathy,
I like your idea of a celeb to work for research....like Michael J.Fox has done ....I was reading a Larry King Live of Anna Nicole Smith and noticed she said that she had a seizure the night that she found out her 90 yr. old hubby died...hate to say it but she is the first celeb I have ever heard of who said they had a seizure, though she would make quite a splash as a poster girl!!!
Do any of you seriously remember hearing a celebrity who admitted to either having had seizures themselves, or a family member close to them who had them? We need a celeb out in front to push for research.
The only other thought that has come to mind is that we could use the knowledge we have to come up with commonalities by opening up topics and asking for quick responses. Think I will try that tonight and see if anything worthwhile comes of it...
Hope all of you have a seizure free night.
Marilyn

Old 05-31-2002, 12:12 AM   #4

Piano HB User
I despise Anna Nicole Smith! Do you really want her to represent us? Here are my three candidates (don't know if they're linked to E or not):

Bette Midler
Annie Lennox
Tori Amos

Just 'cause I love these gals!

Piano

Closed Thread