It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2002, 07:37 AM   #1

Beth's Mom HB User
Post Red Line Under Eyes...Seizure next day

We have noticed Beth gets a red line under each eye the night before seizures...that happened last night and today. Not sure why or what it means.
Anyone have an idea? She was also at the end of her monthly which I know can trigger seizures, but the red eye line has me baffled.
Marilyn

Old 06-01-2002, 07:59 AM   #2
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Hi Beths mom,

That is weird about the red line I think we all experience different affects and different triggers.. whatever our bodys are sensitive to possibly? now with my period I usually have to be careful and recognize a vulnerability meaning if my period is more heavy I need to be more aware of a possible seizure now I don't have them at the end usually its before or on the first day of my cycle. As for other triggers no sleep, being late on meds, chocolate, too much sugar,
and of course STRESS I think that is a major trigger for anyone with epilepsy and I have a bad habit of allowing myself to get stressed usually if I don't meet a time period for certain projects in a job I have allways been that way.. but get this I have less seizures when I am working..when I am not working I am not helping as a family member in paying the bills .. this is a major stress on me and I get depressed (another problem I have depression) anyway the more you watch beth and observe I think you might be able to find meds that will control her seizures better and find better diets sleeping patterns etc. I am sure you as a mom watch very closely allready and maybe we can learn from you more about ourselves as individuals.

Hugs
Koko

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2002, 09:24 PM   #3

Beth's Mom HB User
Koko,
How I wish something I say would help any one of you.
I understand the depression as I have fought it for so long. We have been in credit card debt twice and paid off $20,000 each time...we no longer use them, but there were nights I would go to sleep worried about them and then when I woke in the morning I would be right back to worrying. The one lucky thing for Beth is that as long as her basic needs are met, she stresses over nothing...she will probably live a long life.
Fewer seizures when you work could also mean that your mind is being stimulated more ...think seizures happen more often when your mind is relaxed and unfocused.
You stand out to me on this message board as the most interesting because you seem so open with your feelings and generous with your responses to others.
Take care and have a seizure free night.
Marilyn

[This message has been edited by Beth's Mom (edited 06-02-2002).]

Old 06-01-2002, 11:34 PM   #4
Inactive

darlene HB User
Hi Marilyn - Do you mean that Beth "sees" a red line, or is there a red line under the eye, meaning on her skin?? I wasn't realy sure what you meant. Take care of yourself too!!

Darlene

Old 06-02-2002, 05:58 AM   #5
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Hi Maraylin,

I agree beth will probably live a long life and I hope and pray they will find a cure or something that will allow her seizures to end and she would never have to worry about seizures later on in life I hope that for all the young epileptics here .. I know there are a few older people on this board with the big E but I think during the period when I got it people were just too unaware still of how to deal with it. I had to learn that If I wanted to do things in my life I just had to them and not worry about what others thought. There was a time when I was a major loner, in that time I learned how to do things such as work on cars yep koko loves that on motorcycles and even snowmobiles. I went on to be a computer tech and later learned about the trains.. I feel gifted in some way but I still fight the dark the big "D" (depression) but so many wonderful people do and for different reasons. We are not alone in this society just because we have epilepsy, to all the younger folks on this board.. I pray and dream you will all realize that you can carry on and make special wonderful people out of yourselfs. Nic and piano I find very interesting as I have been able to talk to them, these two young ladies are going to make a difference in our world later on in life. or who knows maybe sooner then they or we think. Ksavage a pregnant epileptic who I just adore is a very big inseration to me.. when I was younger and could have children the risk majorly high, her risk is two times higher then a regular women.. but now adays people can have babies and not be soo terribly fearfull of it. Ksavage is someone I would like to keep close during her pregnancy and ask questions I don't think she realizes how excited I am for her. Anyway, I am really dragging this out this morning LOL.. but I keep everyone on this board close to my heart.

Hugs
Koko

Old 06-02-2002, 01:43 PM   #6

Beth's Mom HB User
Darlene,
I mean that literally, Beth has a red line under each eye as if she had taken a red colored pencil and underlined right under the lower lashes.
Thanks for asking...I don't always describe things the way I mean them.
Marilyn

Closed Thread