It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2002, 01:06 AM   #1

kafein710 HB User
Question I could be having seizures.

Hi. I've been having these strange sensations in my head that are so strong I feel like someone has pushed me. Like I'm gonna fall over or out of my chair. I frequently feel I have to hold on to anything/one solid to feel safe(just had one). My symptoms vary. They include tingling, muscle spasm like with sharp stabbing pains, spacey-disorientation, sudden episodes of not feeling well, naseau, unstable body tempertures, sensations of things crawling on my skin, and the sensation that I'm gonna pass out. I've never fallen or passed out. I'm totally aware when they happen and most of the time can stay on task. I've been experiencing these occassionally & mildly for a few yrs. but, lately they've gotten alot stronger and happen everyday several times a day. Today I must have had near 30 that varied in degree of intensity. What's prompting me the most for support is the one I had the other day. Usually, I NEVER have strong ones while driving. On Fri. I had one of these painful-spasm-like ones come out of nowhere with so much pain I felt like I was gonna fall over into my daughter's lap, while I was driving. I was awake, had quickly tried to exit(& park)the flow of traffic we were in. Before I could move all the way over it stopped, lasting a few seconds. Leaving one side of my face feeling tight & numb-like and my perception was disoriented. I immediately went to my medical clinics urgent care dept.(not wasting one sec.). I was so scared I started to cry while telling the dr. what had just happened to me. The doctor suspects I'm having seizures. Dr. ordered immediate CT scan, diabetes tests(finger ***** type), potassium level test, and ALL came back NORMAL. Dr. has ordered another dr. to do a Complete Seizure Work-up on me on June 6th. Dr. asked me if any family members suffered from seizures and at that moment I didn't know. I was adopted when I was little and was reunited with most of my birth-family just a few yrs. ago. So, as soon as I got home I questioned my maturnal Aunt who told me my birth-mother used to have seizures. I called my b-mother and she confirmed she had them after she gave birth to me for 11 yrs. My b-mother was on Dylantin & Phenabarbitol. Are they hereditary? I just found out my daughter had something that completely fits the description of an Atonic(Drop)seizure on May 29th, two days before my major incident on Friday. I got the details she could remember, what her brother witnessed, and what her boyfriend saw & heard her say. She was out for approx. 15 sec. and was twitching & sweating profusely. She last remembers her vision distorting & going gray, not feeling well(like vomiting),putting her arms on her boyfriend's shoulder, her legs feeling weak, and then coming to still sort of dazed. I'm really scared, now!!! I plan on dragging her with to my appt. and having the dr. do same work-up on her. I'm NOT taking a "no" from the doctor! She's been having strange health issues lately, prior to her incident. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2002, 02:03 AM   #2
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
To me personally it does sound like you've been having some seizures. Also, you were very smart in getting to a doctor right away!

When you go in for your seizure work-up, make sure you describe everything that's been happening to you in detail since epilepsy is more of a "descriptive illness".

Until you've been to the doctor and gotten a diagnosis of something I wouldn't drive at all. Its just way too risky for the time-being.

Lastly, just try to relax until you see the doctor. Its easier said than done I know but stressing out can make an illness worse.

Take care and keep in touch!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Nic

Old 06-04-2002, 12:47 AM   #3

Kimba523 HB User
Don't get too frustrated with the "no-results" testing. Nothing showed on my CT-Scans, MRIs, EEGs, or Ambulatory EEGs. Just like Nic said...be detailed...& descriptive. Because one symptom could lead to a possible different diagnosis. Also, as Nic says, try not to stress...it exhausts your body and causes it to breakdown more often. Good Luck and keep us posted!

Kimba

Closed Thread