It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2002, 03:18 AM   #1
Inactive

shirlgirl HB User
Talking anyone got similar reactions?

Hi Gang,

Another thing i was thinking of is i have noticed for a year or so now, i now and again get jumbled up with letters and my sentences, even with typing or writing sometimes.
And especially my speech sometimes i will speak but it takes me that min or 2 to come out with what i have to say and sometimes my sentence doesn't quite come out right!
I am maybe wondering if i have very slight dyslexia, maybe not but wondered if the illness could affect my actions in this way i was never like this before, and i ain't putting it down to old age i'm 32.
Can take me a min to take in what someones saying but sometimes i am taking no heed at all, seems weird!
Bye
Shirleyx just like the lacking of concentration sets in now and again. Kinda hard to explain.

Old 06-06-2002, 11:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
I can totally relate! I have allways been told that I am a poor reader. Well....I read just fine, it is conprehending what I read that is my problem. I find myself re-reading the same sentence over & over again trying to understand what it means. Another thing that happens to me is that I can be blabbing on & on & on about something & then all of a sudden my mind & my mouth get off track & I am unable to form words. This only lasts for a second (just long enough to frustrate me) & then I am no longer speachless. Most people seem to think that I just get "tongue tied" but it much different than that. I thought it was just me that was having this happen to them. My Neuro. does not seem to concerned about these episodes. Either ir is common or it is just not importnant enough for her to worry about. It must not be that common by the responce to your post. I hope I was of some help to you!
Hang in there & take care!
Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2002, 02:06 PM   #3

Kimba523 HB User
Oh, it to me happens time the all! Sorry...couldn't resist. Yeah, I do it all the time. I'm so used to it after all this time that it doesn't phase me now. My friends are often quite amused. The usual comment, "Man,...and she's the sober one!" I personnally don't think it's the epilepsy, I think it's the meds.

Kimba

Old 06-06-2002, 02:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
GOOD ONE KIMBA! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif LOL

I thought it might of been the meds as well, but I am still doing it. I have been reading alot lately & still have a hard time with it. I have been off of all my meds for 3 days now but I will give it a few more days & see if things change any for me on that aspect. This will be interesting to see.
Kim

Closed Thread