It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2002, 07:52 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Cool Let's share favorite quotes!

Hi All,
What about the possibility of taking our minds off of our troubles by sharing some funny or otherwise inspirational quotes with each other? I think it would be a pleasant diversion. Anyone game?

I was given a refrigerator magnet by a dear friend with a cute quote. She knew that I was suffering from mental confusion and memory problems following the seizures I began having in September. It says, "Did you ever stop to think and forget to start again?" It made me crack up with laughter instead of fretting about my problems.

I also found the following quote some time ago, and it has helped me through alot of personal difficulty. "I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. And what I can do, that I ought to do, by the grace of God I will do."

Let's have some fun! Sharing quotes can certainly give each of us some food for thought. Thanks, Kathy

Old 06-11-2002, 05:56 AM   #2
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Smile

Hey Kathy!

I like your idea. Here is a good quote I found that suits everybody here on the epilepsy forum:

"A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails."
- Anonymous

I've found some lovely new friends here in this forum that have made me feel a lot better about having this condition. I don't feel as alone or as scared.

Take care everybody!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Nic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2002, 09:54 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi Nic,
I LOVE your quote. Mind if I use it? I like to paint pieces of slate, and add inspiring quotes. I hang them in my garden, which is where I like to go when I need to forget whatever is ailing me. Thank you. I agree that this is a great place to meet friends and get support. Be well Nic. Hugs, Kathy

Old 06-11-2002, 12:56 PM   #4
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Smile

Kathy,

Feel free to use the quote. I hope that it makes you feel some peace whenever you feel down or alone.

Take care!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Nic

Closed Thread