It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2002, 11:37 AM   #1

cle5150 HB User
Post was it a sezuire??????

I think I had a my second sezuire this weekend. I have no diagnosis, all test are normal, but I am taking meds b/c we think the first episode was a sezuire (collapse to the floor, very rigid, eyes rolling and peed my pants- All at a Christmas party- very humiliating)

This time it started with a headache, I felt sick, I then became very rigid on my right side and my left arm curled up- like a bicep curl, I could hear someone talking but I don't think I could respond. I remained upright and did not pee my pants (very happy about that). After I was tired and my head, eyes and jaw hurt.

My question- was this a sezuire? What kind would it be if I didn't fall to the ground? Any insight would be great!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2002, 12:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi,
I can't tell you if it was a seizure you had or not, but wanted to offer my support. There are so many different types of seizures, with lots of different symptoms. You really need to talk to your doctor though, because it sounds like there is definitely some kind of neurological problem going on. With my first grand mal I lost my ability to speak, then I lost control of my legs (my hubby had to tap each one and tell me to move it so I could get to the car to travel to the ER. ten minutes later I had the grand mal.) The second seizure I had, I felt weird so went to lie on the couch. After ten or fifteen minutes I felt better and sat up. I immediately had flashing in my left eye (like fireworks.) Then I went numb on my left side, beginning with my hand....traveling to my toes. Then I couldn't walk, and started to have shaking and trembling on the whole left side. I shook all the way to the hospital, and had another grand mal just as we arrived at the hospital. I've since had a few partial seizures, where I just feel wierd...bumping into things...not able to communicate. I was told by the neurologist that these were all different seizures, coming from different parts of the brain. Good luck with all of this. I know how scarey it can be. Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2002, 04:54 PM   #3

heatherbellamy HB User
I hope this will help. Make sure you see a Dr. though.
Seizures are divided into 2 main groups, partial seizures & generalized seizures. Simple Partial- there is no loss or change in consciousness(daze or trance).
Complex Partial- there may be a change in conciousness(daze & trance).
Generalized- an immediate loss of conciousness. Absence seizures-stars into space, frequently mistaken for daydreaming
Tonic-clonic or grand mal seizures- muscle stiffness, may fall to the floor, gives way to shaking and jerking of the arms and legs and head.
Seizures take different forms, depending on what parts of the brain are affected. If seizures last 30 min. or more, the condition is called status epilepticus. This is an emergency requiring hospital care

------------------
heather

Closed Thread