It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2002, 10:53 AM   #1
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Question Vision problems?

Hello everybody!

Does anybody else have vision problems at times? If so, do you think it comes from the epilepsy, the meds, or both? I have my doctor's appt. tomorrow and I plan on asking him the same question.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/opinions!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Nic

Old 06-13-2002, 11:35 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi Nic,
I have been complaining about vision problems, and finally got a referral to see the eye doc next Thursday. According to my neurologist, my brain lesion is on the occipital lobe which is where vision is controlled. I have noticed a big change in my vision since my first seizure. We'll see what the doc has to say. Hugs, Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2002, 02:47 AM   #3
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Hello Kathy!

My vision problems are really weird. Most of the trouble is in my right eye. Hopefully the doc has some answers for my today!

Take care!

Old 06-14-2002, 10:16 AM   #4
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Smile

Well I'm back from the doctor's. All went well I suppose. He increased my meds (Tegretol) from 200mg at bedtime to 400mg. Hopefully that helps me out even more.

As far as my vision goes he said that could be a side effect from the meds. My doc also said that he's going to put my in touch with the local Epilepsy clinic.

That's all for now friends! Take care and keep positive!!

Old 06-14-2002, 12:56 PM   #5
(male)

couldbeworsaspose HB User
Talking

hi,
My vision has got worse,I now wear glasses for reading.I don't know whether It's ep or age.But I'll tell you what,my left eye has been fluttering all day,It's driving me crazy,also my mouth feels like It's twitching.
garry

Old 06-14-2002, 09:52 PM   #6
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Hi Nic

I find it weird you are complaining about vision in right eye.. I am older and it didn't start till about four years ago but I too have it in my right eye. my left eye is fine. My mom is going to help me get some glasses so I don't have to give up my reading. I am a major research junkie on and off the computer. Vision is so presious to everyone to lose it would be Very hard.. seems there is a link though with eye problems in epileptics. Have you also checked out the epilepsy foundation? alot of info there just type it in your search engine.

Hugs
koko

Old 06-15-2002, 01:37 AM   #7
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Smile

Koko,

I'm definately going to start doing more research about the link between eye problems and epilepsy. Also thinking about seeing an eye doctor to get some glasses to help me out a bit when I need it.

Thanks everybody!!

P.S. Today its officially less than 3 months until my wedding!!!!!!!

Closed Thread