It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2002, 04:52 PM   #1

Mizen HB User
Lightbulb 2nd EEG to-morrow

Hi everyone,

Just found this board, its great and with so much practical knowledge.

My 8 year old who was started on Epilim last September after she had 3 grand mal's in 5 days is due to have a repeat EEG to morrow, her first was clear with no spikes or evidence of Epilipsy. She has not had a grand mal since September but is having daily "spells" where ( and she is learning disabled so she cant really tell us what is happening at the time of the seizure) she goes quiet, puts her hands to-gether like she is going to pray, and slightly tilts her head to the right closes her mouth, appears very tense all around her upper body but at the same time she will move to a chair or walk towards me if I call her and even look at me if I call her. It lasts about a minute or two and then she lets out a sigh and everything returns to normal.

She is on the max dose of Epilim for the weight and incidently, she has lost a hugh amount of weight since november and her hair is falling out at an alarming rate,
Does this sound familiar to anybody, I think the Paediatrician is a little baffeld.

I could do with some advice and input

Thanks for your patience, I didnt realise how long I had gone on.

Louise

Old 06-18-2002, 08:02 PM   #2

melissa123 HB User
My daughter had a complex febrile seizure last fathers day. She just had her repeat eeg June 11th. Her first one was abnormal and this one THANK GOD was fine. She was on phenobarbital. The only thing i noticed with that medicine was sleep and behavior problems but then again she is only two.....so who knows. Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread