It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2002, 11:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Post Electrode glue removal!

Hi everyone! i just read on post somewhere about using tourpintine to revove this from your hair & that is what they told me at the hospital as well & I was not about to do it. I went home & soaked my hair down with olive oil & put a plastic caps on for about 30 minutes & then I took a wide tooth pich & just started combing through my hair very slowly & had my husband help me with the big chunks. I had to do this 3 times & it worked fairly well & was quite painless. You would think that the people that put this crap in your hair would know of a better way to get it rather than the harsh chemicles they are telling us to use!
Just a funny little story: I was in the hospital for about 10 days when I had my continuous EEG done & was dying for some real food as soon as they let me out & our first stop before we went home was at Red Lobster!!!!! I looked super bad & had blue gunk all over my head & my hubby did not even care about the silly looks we got as we walked in the joint! lol It was pretty funny though! Not sure he would go through that again with me though!
I hope this will help someone who might be facing this procedure!
Take care!
Kim

------------------
Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future, today is a GIFT, that it is why it is called the present.

Old 06-09-2002, 12:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi,
I have a funny 24 hour EEG story too. When I made the appointment, the receptionist told me that the electrodes would hardly show, as they would trail down the back of my neck, under my hair and collar. It was an early morning appointment, so my hubby and I were planning to go out for breakfast right after I had the EEG stuff put on. When I walked out of the room, I could tell by the look on my husbands face that the "hardly showing" part wasn't exactly accurate. When we got in the car, hubby asked if I minded doing take-out! He said I looked like a martian! I looked in the mirror, and saw exactly what he meant. Take me to your leader!!! LOL I decided to remain in hiding until after I had the apparatus removed, and we rescheduled our breakfast date for right after I had had the electrodes, wires and dog collar removed the next morning. Well, when I walked out of the room this time, my hair was sticking up all over the place, and I looked like a punk rocker with chunks of glue all over my head. At 47 years old, it wasn't the look I was seeking. Again....breakfast was take-out! The glue removal was a nightmare. It took me three days, and another few for my scalp to heal! Anyhow, the things we go through in life!!!! Hope everyone is well, and seizure free. Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2002, 03:43 PM   #3

Kimba523 HB User
Cool

Yeah, my experience was fun! I decided to go and forget what people thought. I went to Dave & Buster's, a huge Adult & Kid game place. I struted around with my head bandange to cover the wires & electrodes and left the other wires dangling down my back into the hip pouch. When people stared too long, I simply stated, "It's called a brain disability NOT a freak show!" They would scurry away like rats! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/clown.gif

Kimba

Old 06-22-2002, 02:18 AM   #4

Texas HB User
Next time try insisting that they use an adhesive that is not a glue. I don't know what it is called, but I recently had an EEG where they used a kind of silicon stuff that comes off when they pull out the electrodes. I know what you mean though, that other stuff makes you feel like you've got gorilla-style dandruff.

Closed Thread