It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2002, 02:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Smile WE FINALLY DID IT!

Hi everyone! Well, I found out yesterday that we are having our first baby! I am very worried about everything & have talked with Mark for a long time tonight & we decided that I am going off all my meds until I deliver. We have been talking about doing this anyway since they do not seem to help with the seizures & my side effects are dreadful. So for the sake of the baby I will be drug free as of Monday. Please wish me luck I am so scared but I have decided that I am not going to let E take controll of this as well. I know I will probably catch some slack for going off of my meds & I know it is not such a good thing to do in most circumstances but I have been told that if it is the scar tissue build up on my brain stem that is causing these seizures then the meds might not controll them anyway. I guess we will soon find out if they have done any good or not. If they (the seizures) do become more frequent I will go back on the Tegratol though. Please put us in your prayers & I will keep you guys posted! Thanks for the support everyone!
Kim

OH YEAH.......our due date is Febuary 2nd!

------------------
Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future, today is a GIFT, that it is why it is called the present.

Old 05-31-2002, 02:43 AM   #2
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
OMG!!!! CONGRATS my dear ksavage... please keep us posted that had tears come to my eyes.. I am so excited for you.....

Hugs
Koko

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2002, 02:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Thank you so much Koko! Where have you been? I have been worried about you! Let me know how things have been for you! We have been out of town & I have not been in touch, but I am back now so lets talk!
Hugs right backatcha! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif
Kim

[This message has been edited by Ksavage (edited 05-31-2002).]

Old 05-31-2002, 06:44 AM   #4
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Smile

KIM!!!!

I am sooooo happy for you!!! I actually had tears in my eyes reading your post!

(((BIG HUGS)))

I can completely understand you going off of meds for your pregnancy. Gav and I talked the other night and I will also be going off meds once we're preggers.

Take care darlin' and I'll e-mail ya later tonight!

Again, congrats to you and Mark! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love2.gif

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Nic

Old 05-31-2002, 07:13 AM   #5
Inactive

shirlgirl HB User
Thumbs up

Kim!!!

Congratulations!!!
You go for it gal!
Yeh only get one shot of life....make it a big healthy babe.
If i can do it 3 times..i'm sure you can do it to.
tell us all about it soon eh http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/gabby.gif
Tc
Shirl.x.

Old 05-31-2002, 08:03 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Not too big I hope shirlx! LOL Thanks so much everyone! My husband just called me & wants to know if he can tell a friend of his at work! LOL He can not stand it. You guys are the only one's we have told so far. I am a little worried somthing might happen & am trying to wait a while before we start telling people. I mean I am a double high risk & all. I told Mark he could go ahead & tell if he wanted too. I know I am just being silly but I could not keep it from you guys so I spilled the beans! LOL I will let ya know how the med thing goes for me Nic! I have cut back on them today & will continue to do that until Monday & then i will be side effect free & have a drug free baby! Keep us in your thoughts & prayers that I do not have a major set back!
Thanks again you all!
Big hugs to everyone!
Kim

------------------
Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future, today is a GIFT, that it is why it is called the present.

Old 05-31-2002, 03:00 PM   #7

cadis31 HB User
Talking

whoooooo hoooooo!!!!!!!! Way to go girl. I told you it would happen. Yea that's right you can name it after me, lol. (don't put a curse on the poor child like that, lol) I am so happy for you and Mark, I bet he is about to hit the roof. Geez that is so cool. Way to go sweetie. Take good care of your self, AND THAT BABY, (hooray).

------------------
~~~~~~~
~cadis~
~~~~~~~
I love you dearly Kim, A/F.

Old 05-31-2002, 07:56 PM   #8

Beth's Mom HB User
I love baby news and when you said it my mouth dropped open, but then I was really surprised when you said you were going off meds. I often worry about our being overly dependent on these drug companies...that's why I am hoping, no praying for relief for all of you..and that healthy little baby of yours...they are truly a blessing...the best two days of my life were the days I gave birth to my children. You can never know total love until you look into that little child's eyes for the first time...that is the real meaning of love at first sight...enjoy these 9 mo. I pray every morning and will include you, your husband and baby.
I'm not a gushy type, but know your name from your posts by now.
God bless.
Marilyn

Hey KoKo...I was missing your posts also and hoping you were ok.

Old 05-31-2002, 10:37 PM   #9

Piano HB User
Woohoo! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif I'm so glad I'm not the only one who had tears in the eyes when I read that! That is so completely awesome! I feel privileged you told us first (well, not first, but you know what I mean!)

I was starting to worry about you Ksavage, hadn't seen you around in a while. Great to have you around again!

Piano

Old 06-01-2002, 11:40 PM   #10
Inactive

darlene HB User
Kim, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Very very happy for you and I will pray for you that everything goes well. Please let us all know how you are doing after going off the meds. Has your doctor put you on Folic Acid, prescription strength, it's suppose to help avoid any problems when you are pregnant. The doctor put my daughter on them as soon as she started taking Topomax even thought she's not planning on having a baby just yet. I truly hope everything goes well for you. I'll be thinking of you.

Darlene

Old 06-02-2002, 04:38 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Thumbs up

What wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you! As Marilyn said, the best two days of her life were when she gave birth to her two children, I will second that. There is nothing that can possibly prepare you for the first time you hear YOUR child cry in the delivery room. NOTHING!!! Congratulations sweetie! You take care, and be sure to let us know how you are doing!

Lisa

Old 06-02-2002, 05:29 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Hi everyone! You guys are so wonderful! Thanks you so much for all the support you have given to me. I am doing great on getting off of the meds! I will be completely "drug free" as of Monday PM! I have not felt this good in several months. I was talking with Mark & we do not think I have had 1 "episode" all weekend. WOOHOO http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif
I finally told my mother & that did not go so well, but you know what? Who needs her when I have all you guys here to support us in this? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif Her responce was pretty typical & she thinks I am not cappable of doing ANYTHING, let alone have a baby. SO OH WELL! She is going to miss out on so much if she does not snap out of it pretty soon.
Thanks again everyone & I hope you guys are having a great weekend!
Big hugs to you all!
Kim

------------------

Old 06-03-2002, 01:55 AM   #13
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Smile

Kim

Good for you on not letting your mother get you down! Just be happy!! If she doesn't straighten up then the loss will be hers and hers alone!

By the way, did you get my congrats e-card?

Take care!

(((HUGS)))

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Nic

Old 06-03-2002, 06:01 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Hi Nic!
NO I never did get anything from ya! Thanks anyway though! Try to do it again. Mark got on the computer & was messing around & it seems that everytime he does that he screws stuff up! lol He is worse than me on this thing. I never thought that to be possible, but it is! lol
My mom called me this morning & said that she was happy for us & said that she was just worried. She said that she will try harder to be supportive of us & try not to worry so much about everything. I guess that is a step in the right direction huh?
I will take the last of my meds this afternoon & then the test will come. I still feel great though.
I will talk to you all soon.
Take care everyone!
Kim

------------------

Old 06-03-2002, 12:37 PM   #15

cadis31 HB User
Talking

Good for you Kim, I hope all goes well, and you become episode free. I'll keep you and the family in my prayers. Take care of yourself.
Hugs http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

------------------
~~~~~~~
~cadis~
~~~~~~~
I love you dearly Kim, A/F.

Closed Thread