It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2002, 06:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Exclamation I 'm really freaked out guys!!!!!!!

Okay first I have to tell you about my HERO! She is my beautiful daughter Danielle. Danielle is five! If she hadn't of thought fast tonite I wouldn't be here with you now!

I wasn't feeling good, but was pushing myself anyways. I went upstairs to get the bath water ready for the kids bath, and I felt very sick. I'm not sure what happened after.......My daughter found me in the tub sleeping (as she puts it) and ran and got my hubsand who came instantly. Had it not been for her quick thinking I would have drown. My god, I almost died tonight. The bath water was almost spilling over the edge, had I not been in the corner I would of been covered. I can't quit shaking!

I'm sorry. Typing this makes it even more real. I thought this might help, but maybe this was a bad idea.

Old 06-09-2002, 10:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi Lisa,
THANK GOD you're alright. How wonderful that you were saved by your little one. I hope you are alright now. It sounds like you had a real rough time of it. God, but we "E" people sure have a hell of alot to worry about. You just never know when the demon will strike. Relax and I hope you feel lots better. Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2002, 11:07 PM   #3

zuriuma HB User
My Gosh! Just reading your post brought tears to my eyes! How scary!! Thank God you were ok! Your daughter is definatly one brave intelligent little girl!! Im hopeing that you are feeling better!!
Samantha

Old 06-09-2002, 11:55 PM   #4
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Lisa

I am so sorry hon thank god you are ok.. I can tell you have a family that really loves and supports you... I have done something similar years ago but went and sat in the car outside on a rainy day.. Not close to death but waking up elsewhere not knowing whats going on. It's like your in a dream when you come out of it. Give your little one a great big hug I can see why she is your hero hon... get some rest tonight

((((((((Lisa))))))))

hugs
Koko

Old 06-10-2002, 02:22 AM   #5
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
First of all, thank God you're alright! You definately have an intelligent, fast-thinking little girl.

So happy that you're alright and with a family that loves you to bits! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love2.gif

Take care!

(((BIG HUGS)))

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Nic

Old 06-10-2002, 05:03 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Thumbs down

Its a new day and I think I feel worse about things today. I'm still really shaken up. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif No x that out, I'm down right scared to death! I have questioned everything I've done today, is this safe or not???!!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif I really need a pal who understands.

Lisa

Old 06-10-2002, 07:23 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi Lisa,
I am so sorry that today is not better for you. The safety issue is scarey enough, but you seem to need a friend around to help you through the emotional trauma you suffered. All I can do is type to you. I wish I could be there for a reassuring hug and a cup of tea. Have you talked to your Doctor about the incident? Maybe you need a med adjustment. Meanwhile, try to go easy, and concentrate on the positive things in your life....like your little angel! Hugs, Kathy

Old 06-10-2002, 11:35 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Unhappy

My doc doesn't want to put me on meds yet. He says there are still to many possibilities left to check into!!! I have been with this new nuero for two months now, but all this has been going on for almost a year. (September)

My husband and I have not really talked about it. And friend wise I'm not ready to open up to them. I'm way more comfey with you guys. Please bear with me as I try to work thru this, okay????

Lisa

Old 06-11-2002, 05:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Wink

your guardian (your daughter was watching over you) well done to your daughter http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif try sitting down to fill the bath just incase, i have a brother in law who suffers from this, your bount to feel shaky after such a scare, you will just have to ask for help when you can get it to avoid these dangers best wishes and good luck

Old 06-11-2002, 05:51 AM   #10
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Lisa

Its completely normal to still feel shaken up about what happened to you. You may even have a bit of post-traumatic stress.

Because most of us here suffer from epilepsy, we know just how scary everyday life can be. We're here for you!!

Take care!

(((BIG HUGS)))

Old 06-11-2002, 10:01 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi Lisa,
I hope today is a much better day for you! I'm sorry you aren't really talking to your hubby or friends about your fears yet. Meanwhile...I think I can speak for the rest of the crew when I say, "We're all in it together, and will offer as much support as we can." Hugs, Kathy

Old 06-11-2002, 03:30 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Exclamation

Thank you all, I feel very lucky to have you. My husband has no clue!!! He wants me to be who I used to be. But I'm not. I need help now. He has seen me on my bad days, why can't he understand?? He just keeps pushing me. Thats why I haven't talked to him about that night. He has completely blown it off! There is no one I feel I can talk to but you guys! The only time his family calls is if they need a sitter (I'm someone who can be trusted with kids?) My family is totally self absorbed and my friends I'm not sure how they would react.

I feel so isolated. Guess that pretty much answers your question about how I am doing today. I was doing so good too. I was starting to come to terms with this monster and now I feel worse than what I ever did. I'm angry, I'm sad, I'm hurt,.......... I can't shake this no matter how hard I try. I've tried reasoning with myself, you know lesson learned and all that, but I still feel ........I don't know .....different than what I ever have.

I'm sorry to be such a downer, I just need someone to understand.

Thanks again
Lisa

Old 06-12-2002, 06:09 AM   #13
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Question

Hello Lisa

Sorry to hear that you're still feeling down. Its completely understandable though.

Have you and your husband thought about couples counselling? That way you could tell him exactly how you're feeling and it could go over easier with a mediator there.

Let me know what you think. Take care!

Old 06-12-2002, 10:45 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Wink

I'm feeling better today. Hubby and Ihave not seen each other yet today, so......not sure how that will go. I'm gonna ask my nuero to explain to my husband some things. Maybe that will make him see I'm really not over re-acting!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif Anyways I know he and I will be okay, I'm just really STRESSED right now http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif Thanks for bearing with me these last few days, I really appreciate it.

Lisa

[This message has been edited by Lisa T (edited 06-12-2002).]

Old 06-12-2002, 01:17 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi Lisa,
Glad you're feeling a little better today. I hope you can find the right "formula" to reach your hubby. I guess it's really hard for any partner....anyone at all actually...to understand what the E Beast does to the sufferer. It's a scarey disease, mostly because of the unpredictability. I think couples counseling is a wonderful idea. It would help you to have someone mediate while you explain what this is doing to you. Meanwhile, good luck. Keep your chin up! Kathy

Closed Thread