It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2002, 10:34 PM   #1
(female)

holidaygirl HB User
Talking Photosensitivity

HI
for as long as I can remember when I would be in a car with light hitting my eyes while flickering through trees I would black out for a few minutes. I never had any confulsions, I would just blank out completley. On my 19th birthday I was at a club with strobe lights. I was on the dance floor dancing when I blacked out for about 3-4 minutes. My friends said I looked really dazed and out of it. I felt like I couldn't move but remailned standing the whole time. Since then this happend to me about 5-6 times all when there were flashing lights. I have never been diagnosed with epilepsy. My question the is, could I have photosensitivity? And could what I have experienced been a seizure?

Thanks
Krissee

Old 07-06-2002, 08:08 AM   #2
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Could very well be, We had a color organ in our pool room when we lived in parks which is what they use on dance floors and my brother had turned it on and I looked right at it boom I was gone for a few. Hence we never used the color organ again LOL .. but yes it could have been a seizure. Have you been diagnosed with epilepsy before? Alot of epileptics are sensitive to flashing lights which is why they use strobe for tests. If you have never seen a dr. about this I would suggest you see one or mention it to your family doctor.

Koko

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread