It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2002, 11:26 PM   #1

Jolinar HB User
Exclamation Could this be a seizure?

I'm pretty new to these boards, but I've got a serious question.

Sometimes, every few months or so, when I stand up and stretch, my vision blacks out and I see white spots, my whole body tingles and the back of my head feels like it's going to fall off. The headache part lingers for a few minutes, but aside from a slight residual feeling of numbness it mostly is gone after a minute or two. Afterwards, I feel different mentally, though, like my viewpoint has been twisted around 90 degrees or something. This has happened on and off ever since I was fourteen (eleven years ago), when I almost passed out while standing in line at an amusement park from the heat. Could this be a seizure? I've never been diagnosed with anything serious, but I've also never mentioned this to anyone.

<sigh> Ok, I've been sitting here staring at this post for something like five minutes trying to make myself post it. I hate admitting to anyone when I feel less than 100% and the only reason I'm posting this now is because this just happened again last Friday and it scared me more than telling some complete stranger that I'm not feeling well http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif

Jolinar

[This message has been edited by Jolinar (edited 07-22-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2002, 12:54 AM   #2

Piano HB User
IMO, yes. Definitely get checked out. And keep us posted, so we won't be "strangers".

Piano

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2002, 01:35 PM   #3

hayley's mom HB User
Talking

As having a daughter with seizures, I know of your concern. I would definately act on it. They may send you for a CT scan and find out it's nothing more than maybe a vitamin deficiency. Take care and keep us posted. We are all here because we are concerned. Knowing we can help ourselves and anyone else is all part of this experience.

Old 07-24-2002, 09:21 AM   #4
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User
At first, it sounded exactly like just a head rush. I get those a lot when I stand up too fast- exacly like you described- my vision blacks out, i see spots, the back of my head feels like it's going to fall off, and it throbs... but then you said you feel different mentally afterwards... so I definately don't think that's a headrush. you should get it checked out.

~Krista
)

Old 07-24-2002, 12:45 PM   #5

Jolinar HB User
Unfortunately, I know it wasn't a headrush. Just a few months after I almost passed out in line, I had what I'm sure was a seizure. I was in the shower when it happened. My vision blacked out and I fell down and my body shook. It only lasted a minute or two, but I felt really weird after it stopped. That has never happened again, btw, and since I was one of those teens who never told anything when something was wrong, I never told anyone.

I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and set up an appt. <sigh> I'm hoping it's as hayley's mom suggested that it's something that can be taken care of easily, like a vitamin deficency or something.

Jolinar

Old 07-26-2002, 02:17 AM   #6

Piano HB User
Yeah, I was one of those kids, too, who never told anyone anything. That's why I was symptomatic for four years (maybe more) before I was ever diagnosed. But if worse comes to worst, we'll be here for you!

Piano

Closed Thread