It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2002, 11:08 PM   #1

kitty21 HB User
Angry Can your eeg be normal

Hi, I got the results from my eeg.They said that it was normal. But it showed where my cheek was twiching but it did not show any electrical disturbances.I am very concerned about my health. Is that normal last night my left leg got this tingling feeling in it and today my right hand got this tingling feeling in it. I do not understand my doctor said that it is migrane related.Do I have to sit there and have a seizure in her office to diagnose me with it are should I just accept what she is saying?

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2002, 12:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Red face

Well hon, with docs I have found you have to fight for everything!!!!!! I have had two five day stays in the hospital hooked up to the eeg and both were normal! I also had an abulatory one and it also came back normal! I didn't have any problems while I was hooked up. So of course, it was decided that it was all in my head. I was not having seizures, but he couldn't tell me what it was then. I have been having these seizures for almost a year now, and they have started happening everyday now, and I can still find no one who can help. I am on no meds. So please fight for what you believe in. If that nuero isn't helping, find another!!!!

I started going to a chiropractor, and he found I had an old neck injury from a fall back in fourth grade (I'm 29 now). As he works on my neck my seizures get worse (everyday now, when it was every two weeks) He wants to send me to a neurosurgeon. So hopefully ...............

Like I said fight, fight, fight!!! Never hesitate to speak your mind to your doctor!!!!! Good luck sweetie and keep us posted!

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2002, 08:21 PM   #3
Inactive

Karla HB User
It took over 12 years and 15 eegs before one finally showed up abnormal and they could definetly see something there. I was told not to worry when they came back normal and they based my diagnosis on symptoms. I guess you just have to trust the drs.

Old 07-30-2002, 04:12 AM   #4
Inactive

Tattoo HB User
The same here. My first EEG was normal as well, but the doc diagnosed me based on the description of the seizure by a witness and by the fact that I had had more than one. Turns out, he was correct. It is not at all uncommon to have a normal/negative EEG and still have epilepsy. It does take making sure you have a good doc who is experienced in Epilepsy. A lot of misdiagnosis occurs as well. That shouldn't be, but it is the case. The right doc is very important. Tattoo

Old 07-31-2002, 02:56 PM   #5

^enigma^ HB User
Just to add to what all has been said. I to have had several EEG's, 3 CT scans, 2 MRI's, and many blood tests. All show normal. Im on my 3rd neuro right now and have just been diagnosed with E about 3 or 4 weeks ago. What it took for me for the doc's to quit saying "I dont know what is wrong with you", "You are normal", or "You have anxiety" is to have a seizure at the hospital. I am now being treated but its not under control yet.

Closed Thread