It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2002, 06:36 PM   #1

Tasha L HB User
Thumbs down nature said no

About a mouth ago I had been seizure free for a year,
and was about to get my permit until a week after the 1 year annivesary I had another seizure. It wasn't such a big deal except that I was planning on getting my permit before school started. And to a 17 year old who is rarely allowed to drive, except for out in the country, it was a big deal then.I slowly awoke to find myself lying on a bed saying to everyone,
WHAT HAPPENED? So this year I'll be a junoir in high
school and my mom will still be dropping me off(HAHA).
I got so close and nature said no it looked at me and
laughed and said like your'e gonna get a license this year.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2002, 09:33 PM   #2

mnsnellers HB User
I know how you feel, my first seizures were right around the time I had my permit. I went seizure free for 13 years until I started having seizures again. Now I am 30 and can not drive. It is very frustrating to have to have someone take me everywhere. I am not working because of injuries, but I am supposed to find a job soon. I feel so limited in where I can work because I live 30 miles from a community of decent size, (the town I live in has 2000 people) and there is no community transportion for me to take. Just keep your chin up and remember things can get better. They say everything happens for a reason and while I haven't found the reason yet, I am still searching. Good luck and if you need to talk, this is a great place to come, there are a lot of very helpful people here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2002, 12:30 AM   #3
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Oh boy the good ol can't drive Sorry to hear guys I am 38 even bought a brand new 94 mustang for myself well I never got to drive it.. never got my license, went seizure free for 1 year.. in fact I am now thinking about selling the car because it just sits.. what a joke huh.... totally payed off etc.. just sits. Well tasha never give up hope never know...

Hugs
Koko

Closed Thread