It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2002, 03:48 PM   #1

mnsnellers HB User
Post Seizures and a particular time

Does anyone have seizures at a particular time? Since we have been keeping track at my doctors request, during the last 6 months it seems that most of my seizures normally happen around the middle of the month. I have no idea why, that just seems to be the trend. I haven't had any yet this month (knocking on my desk) and it is already the 22nd so only 5 more months and maybe I can drive again.

Jason

Old 07-22-2002, 07:15 PM   #2

mnsnellers HB User
I do not exactly know how to describe my seizures. The first batch I had were when I was 14 (which is 16 years ago, oops, just gave away my age ). The doctors described them as speech seizures, because I would black out and start talking funny. They linked those to a cyst on my left temporal lobe. I did not have seizures again until 2 years ago when I had a grand mal. Since then I have had 1 other grand mal and countless smaller seizures. I have no idea they are coming on. The only way I even know I have them is because my girlfriend tells me I have them. As an example, one day we were traveling with my 2 daughters and according to my girlfriend I started talking funny and asked my daughters who they were. So, I am not sure exactly what kind of seizures I have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2002, 08:05 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi Guys,
I do not have my seizures at a particular time of the month, but mine have all been at the same time of day....right at around 1:00PM. Hope all is well with everyone. Kathy

Old 07-23-2002, 03:00 PM   #4

hayley's mom HB User
Talking

Oh my goodness Jason! I thought we were the only ones who this happened to. My daughter, has had seizures since she was 7 months old. She is 19 months old now and all of her seizures have been at the end of the month. Also all, but one, have been while she is sleeping. I nervously asked her neurologist about this and they humoured me I think. They took my question as valid to me, but they said there was no reason for it other than a coincidence. I am so glad to see that a few others have this same thing. I have checked moon positions, weather conditons and tidal condtions and none of them really relate to the dates of her seizures but it's worth looking into anyway. Try checking [url="http://www.almanac.com."]www.almanac.com.[/url] Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 07-24-2002, 07:46 AM   #5
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User
since I've been on meds, I just get minor seizures in the right side of my body, but they all happen around "that time of the month", and they also happen directly in the middle of my cycle. My doctor says that hormones and all that stuff have nothing to do with seizures... yeah, my doctors also say there's no way that I remember having the major seizure that I had a year and a half ago. yeeaaahh, ok...why do doctors have to be so impossible?

[This message has been edited by Krista2882 (edited 07-24-2002).]

Old 07-24-2002, 09:33 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Well, before I became pregnant I would have my seizures any time & any place. When they wanted to show their nasty little faces they just did it. The crazy thing is that since I started my 5th or 6th week of pregnancy the seizures have been 100% non-eventfull! WOOHOO!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif I have been told that as soon as i deliver I can expect for them to return & that is going to be a big shock for me. I just started having seizures in November of 2001 & had to deal with them for 6 months & now they are gone & life is wonderfull. Even though i still tend to panic when I am in publice by myself. I am not sure how to deal with these seizures & a newborn baby. (my first)
So I am pretty scared about that. I really do not have anyone here to help me & my husband is going to be at work all day, but I will manage through things!
Wish everyone a healthy & happy day!
Kim

Old 08-03-2002, 03:20 PM   #7
Inactive

emeraldbee HB User
I have nocturnal seizures (while sleeping). Despite a dosage of Dilantin 500mg q hs, the most recent were on the nights of June 30/July 1 and July 31/August 1. (Somebody said something about the moon?)

I am incapacitated for 24-36 hrs following, with bodyache, headache, confusion (I have literally not known my name or the day of the week)not to mention the "gifts" of bitten cheek and tongue, and that time is increasing.

Old 08-05-2002, 06:13 PM   #8

Melissa Lynne HB User
Smile

My seizures were coming usually Wednesday or Thursday. I thought I was crazy or something. I keep looking for "something else" that might be wrong instead of seizures because I am having a real hard time accepting the no driving thing with a new car and 3 kids.

Old 08-06-2002, 07:27 AM   #9

Vanflint HB User
Hi everyone...ALL of my seizures have been in the morning..usually before 10. I havent had a seizure sice I was put on dilantin about 4 months ago. I'm lucky though...my seizures seem to happen about 4 to 5 months apart. A question for emeraldbee: what happens during a nocturnal seizure? My wife says that sometimes I do some strange things while sleeping..Hope everyone is doing good!

Closed Thread