It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2002, 06:58 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Question Neurosurgeon, seizures, neck injury

Hope everyone is having a good day today!!! I could use some input if you wouldn't mind!? I started having seizures out of the blue a year ago. I had every test that they could think of and everything always came back normal!!!! So of course all my docs were telling me it was all in my head!!!! I started seeing this chiropractor and came to find out I had an old neck injury. (I fell in fourth grade hanging upside down on the monkey bars - straight down - I'm now 29) How come none of my doctors ever thought to check my neck??? My x-ray showed my first twoi vertibres were way out of wack. My first was twisted to the right and pointing down. Anyways, as he worked on me my seizures became more frequent!!(everyday opposed to every two weeks). He told me this was good, because if he could mess me up, then he was in the right area. He is now suggesting that I see a neurosurgeon. Can anyone tell me what to expect?? I'm really skeptic of doctors now and don't want to start seeing any again. I trust my chiropractor completely, because he has been so upfront with me. So because he is suggesting it, I probably will, but I'm not sure what to expect!! I don't think I could handle another let down. What exactly will the neurosurgean be looking for?? I like to have time to check everything out on the web, so any suggestions would really be appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2002, 04:33 PM   #2
Inactive

emeraldbee HB User
Lisa,

To answer your question a litle bit... The doc is looking to see if those "out of whack vertebre" are really the cause of your problems and if so, how best to correct the situation through surgery. Although you're probably sick of them, they will probably order the famous (or infamous) MRI to see how things stand at the moment. Likely another series of x-rays. Remember, this is YOUR body. Don't let them do anything without your say-so and anything you don't understand, make them explain it to your satisfaction.
May God be with you and i'll keep you in my prayers.

Old 08-06-2002, 08:53 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi Lisa, I have no idea what your Doc is referring to, but I think you may want to rethink the fact that the chiropractor thought it was good that your seizures were increasing. From anything I've heard or read, you should do whatever it takes to avoid having a seizure. I think you really should see a Neurosurgeon. Good Luck! Kathy

Closed Thread