It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2002, 07:06 PM   #1

Melissa Lynne HB User
Question Lamictal?

Is anyone out there taking Lamictal for seizures? I just started about a week ago and would love to find someone else on this and kind of compare notes on the side effects. Thank you and God bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2002, 04:04 PM   #2
(male)

couldbeworsaspose HB User
Talking

hi,
I am on lamictal,and have been taking them since 2000.I have temporal lobe epilepsy and suffer from simple and complex partial's.They seem to be working better than the tegretol I was taking.My emotions are still up and down though.
garry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2002, 05:08 PM   #3

Melissa Lynne HB User
Wink

Hi! Nice to hear from someone on this stuff too. I have so many questions... but I'll take it easy on ya. This is the first medicine they have tried on me. I also have complex partials. My main question is this.... when do these side effects wear off some. I will feel good for a little while then feel like I need to lay down. I was feeling really wired. I am just on 50 mg a day right now... but I just want to know when this confusion and stuff will ease up. I just rarely feel well... but that may be due to me only being on it a week... I don't know. Any input you may have would be GREAT! Thank you lots... and God bless you.

Old 08-08-2002, 12:34 AM   #4
(male)

Unhappy

sorry melissa,
I wrote a long reply, but as I posted It It seems to have lost It?,i will write again tonight,as I have to log off for now.

garry

Old 08-09-2002, 02:58 PM   #5
(male)

Talking

hi melissa,
When I first started with lamictal,It made my eyes sore.I too feel tired but to be honest I think It's the epilepsy that does this to me especially after a siezure.We are all different and some people will be more likely to be susceptible to the side effects than other's.I am having teeth trouble at the moment,one has come loose,but I have been to the dentist and he doesn't seem worried about It,but It's strange as I haven't had teeth trouble before.I have also been getting a lot of throat infections,and I have been sent for a blood test,I won't get the results while next week as It Is a full blood test,the works.did you feel tired and horrible before you started lamictal or has It come on after?.I ask because,as I said I feel tired quite alot,and I also get confused,and I have a bad memory as well.When I was on tegretol I used to wake up and felt like I was floating above the bed.My hair started to thin and I felt like death warmed up.all this has gone since I was taken off teg.I hope you are feeling o.k.today,I know exactly how you feel,keep us posted.
garry

Closed Thread