It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2002, 03:50 PM   #1

samimarie HB User
Question I don't know if I have Epilepsy or not...

All my life, I have experienced these headaches and have had sight black outs. Even though I have lived for only 14 years and 1/2 I have been having them, along with some shudders that I started calling "cold drifts" when I was little because I was cold. I finally told a friend about these and she suggested that they might be Epilepsy. I searched online and researched it. I think that if I do have this...it is probably a partial seizure, but I'm not altogether sure. Lately, I've been going through some stressful times and the headaches/sight black outs have become slightly worse, enough to make me dizzy and hangon to something for support. I don't know whether my mom has noticed or not, but I'm not trying to show it for now. I don't know what I should do. What do you think?

I would be glad to hear from you because I don't know if I should tell my mom or not. I don't like the idea of doctors, but I do care about what this might be. I'm quite scared at the moment of the fact that something could be wrong with me.

Yours truly
~~~Sami~~~

Old 08-17-2002, 11:21 PM   #2

Piano HB User
Sami--definitely tell your mom. If it is E you need to be treated. I wasn't diagnosed until I'd been symptomatic for almost 5 yrs. Wish I'd have gone sooner. Keep us posted.

Piano

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2002, 12:33 AM   #3
Inactive

emeraldbee HB User
Get thee to a doctor, ASAP. Talk with Mama and set an appointment.

P.S. Welcome
Take advantage of the good advice and information you can find here.

Old 08-18-2002, 07:03 PM   #4

samimarie HB User
Hey! Thanks for replying. I've been going through a tough time. We just moved and my mom doesn't have a job yet. So...I don't know if I should tell her now or not....I was going to yesterday, but I ran out of time...Now I find out that my mom doesn't exactly have alot of money to burn right now...should I tell her soon..or should I wait till our situation turns better? I'm really lost right now.

Take care,
~~~Sami~~~

Old 08-18-2002, 09:21 PM   #5
Inactive

Tattoo HB User
Sami. I realize that things are not really settled in your home right now with the recent move and your Mom looking for work, but I think you should tell her soon. Stress is a trigger for seizures in most of us, and you are under stress now. Keeping it to yourself only increases your stress making the chances of having more siezures greater if that's what is happening. I called my Simple Partials funny feelings. They were very hard to describe. If you are blacking out or losing consciousness at all, that is not just Simple Partials. You do need to see a doc. A good place to start is with your Medical doc since he will make sure that there is nothing Medical going on to cause this. I am assuming you have one who sees you for Medical illnesses, but I could be wrong. I would encourage you to talk to your Mom as soon as possible so she can be a support for you and maybe that would relieve some of the stress. I know you want to help her and are concerned for her, but you do have to care for yourself too. Telling her is one way to do that. Tattoo

Old 08-25-2002, 07:39 PM   #6

samimarie HB User
Hey! I have good news! I finally told my mom. She said that if they kept up that we would go see a doctor about them...but she also said that they could be migraines. So, I don't know any more. I still think that they could be Epilepsy...but my mom also said that she used to have them like I do. I'm wondering if it could be a genetic thing? I just don't know anymore.

~~~Sami~~~

Closed Thread