It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2002, 10:56 PM   #1

outsider_4_life HB User
Post blah ! Got a headache.

Yea, I was out in the sun and heat for most alot of the day. I know I shouldn't be out for too long because of my epilepsy. Now my head it hurting.

Do you people go outside during the summer for very long ??

Old 08-19-2002, 10:58 PM   #2

outsider_4_life HB User
And I feel sick too as if I am gonna puke.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2002, 06:35 AM   #3
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Thumbs down

I know how you feel. I'd get headaches like that all the time before I started my meds. Anything would cause them, not just the sun. They suck!!

Take care!

Nic

Old 08-26-2002, 05:18 PM   #4

Melissa Lynne HB User
Angry

Since starting my meds... I am very heat intolerant. I don't have any idea why... because I have always spent 90% of my life outside... riding horses... flower beds... yard... etc... Now it's like... it makes me literally wanna throw up every time I get too hot. I hate it.

Old 08-26-2002, 07:51 PM   #5
Inactive

Tattoo HB User
I have read that some meds may cause a decrease in the ability to sweat. That would cause one to be more intolerant to heat. It also can cause the body temperature to rise if unable to cool itself through sweating, so do take note of your temp if you are out in the sun for a while so that you do not become overheated and possibly have a seizure as a result of the higher body temperature. If you do notice that you continue to be heat intolerant and that it coincides with starting a particular med, your doc does need to kno this. If that med is not working and is ausing you to be possibly put into jeopardy because of a side effect that possibly hinders sweating, then a change may be in order. Why take something that could put you in jeopardy especially if it does not work. Also, I need to say that sweating allows not only the body to cool, it also causes salt (Sodium- a neurotransmitter) as well as water to be lost. That is a natural mechanism so if unable to take place then those levels can also be affected. Your Medical doc should be interested in the fact that sweating may be a problem if it turns out to be a side effect. Do check thoroughly about whether you are sweating when hot or not and check the side effects of your meds thoroughly by researching for the rare side effects.Tattoo

Old 08-27-2002, 12:29 AM   #6
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
hmm really you get headaches in the sun? I don't I am allways out in the sun I rarely get headaches I used to when I was a teenager but not now that I am older.

koko

Old 08-28-2002, 08:16 AM   #7
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User
you know what? I wonder if that's why I've been getting so many headaches from the sun this year....
I ignore the fact that the sticker on my Tegretol bottle always says to avoid long exposure to the sunlight. I know I used to get headaches from the sun once in a while, but this year it's been worse.. hmm.. I wonder if that's why... I never knew the reason why there was that sticker there...
But I'm not going to stay out of the sun... I like it too much.

~Krista
)

Old 08-28-2002, 11:50 AM   #8

Melissa Lynne HB User
Smile

I wish I could choose to deal with a headache and stay in the sun because I LOVE it. It just makes me so miserable I can't take it... I mean like on the couch for a couple hours miserable crunching on crackers. I just didn't expect all of this I guess... but I would rather cut down my time in the sun than have seizures.

Closed Thread