It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2002, 09:55 AM   #1
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User
Post Sleep Paralysis...

for a few years, this strange thing has been happening to me once in a while. a lot of times, it's just after falling asleep, but once in a while it wakes me up during the night- I'll be dreaming, and then all of a sudden, my ears start ringing really loud, and my body gets this weird tingling feeling, sort of like I'm floating, and I'm stuck in between sleep and awake, not being able to move.
My cousin actually told me the same thing happens to her once in a while, and my brother mentioned it once. So I think I mentioned it to the doctor about a year ago, and he said it's porobably Sleep Paralysis, and it's fairly common. So I looked it up online, and read up on it a little.
But the thing is, over the past 6 or 8 months, I've been noticing that it only has been happening around the few days a month that I get seizure activity...

so my question is, does this happen to anyone else, and does it have anything to do with seizures?

thanks!

~Krista
)

Old 08-31-2002, 04:07 PM   #2
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Something like that happened to me when I was teen maybe around 17 or 18.. the only difference is it made me hurt like crazy all over. I couldn't move and I was throwing up.

Koko

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2002, 12:19 AM   #3

AngelDust HB User
Krista,

I get something similiar to that. I wake up in the middle of the night and feel edgy,uncomfortable and unable to go back to sleep. I also experience some shakiness and hotflashes. I get this weird feeling in my mouth kinda like the typical feeling most of us get following a seizure. I have nocturnal seizures and usually just wake up an go back to sleep after my seizure is done. This is quite different because I'm conctious when it is happening to me, and the shakiness can not stop as hard as my father tries to hold my leggs still, it continuously shakes. I spoke to a woman from the Epilepsy Foundation and she said this is a seizure. Evidentally, it is not the typical kind that I get but i get this usually after I have had a lot of Nocturnal seizures (complex Partial). I would think with caution and not be surprised if it was related to your seizures.

Good luck

AngelDust

Closed Thread