It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2002, 07:40 AM   #1

tigger7 HB User
Post 4 month old daughter with seizures

I am new to this board. I have a daugher with seizures. She has not been diagnosed with epilepsy, although she is having seizures. We have had an MRI, EEG, Cat scan, blood work and urinalasys(sp?) done and everything so far has come back normal. I guess I am just needing support. We are waiting for amino acid tests to come back to see if she has a defeciency (sp?)in something.
I have called the paramedics every time she has had a seizure and she has had 7 so far. They are going to know us by name. I was told by my neurologist that we don't have to call every time. Just when they last longer than 5 min, if she has more than one, or if she turns blue.

Old 08-21-2002, 05:02 PM   #2

rekabs HB User
It's kina scary but don't give up there is light at the end of the tunnel.This is the place to get answers and to talk about things . the people here are going through the same thing and can help anwser some questions better than the doc's.so don't give up hope we all are here to talk to sometimes that helps alot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2002, 05:02 PM   #3

Tasha L HB User
Hi! I can understand what you're going through. My daughter started having seizures when she was 13 then
my little neice started having them when she was about
5 or 6 months old. Those were caused by fever. Every
time Taylor had a high fever, she had a seizure. With
my daughter, we've gone through all the different
testing and cannot come up with a reason as to why she
has them. I hope you can find some answers to all your
questions. I know it's so hard when anyone you love is
going through this. Take care.
Rhonda

Old 08-22-2002, 10:31 AM   #4

tigger7 HB User
Those seizures are really hard to watch. Although they are not really bad. It is basicly just her upper body that is effected. Her face goes pail and her eyes stare, her arms tighten and fists clinch, her face starts twitching and she does this panting like stuff. She has went ashy on us only once when we were in the hospital, thank goodness the nurse was there. It was really scary although I held it together pretty well because of where we were. Does anyone here have any thoughts about calling the the paramedics for every seizure? Other than the seizures she is doing fine, she acts like a normal 4 month old. The doctor seems to think that these will go away just like they did with my other daughter who is 4 years old. She had seizures when she was 3 months old as well, do to a low B12 we think.
Sorry this is so long. I just have not been able to talk to anyone who know what I am going through. I have alot of questions.

Old 09-04-2002, 02:12 PM   #5

ammie123 HB User
My son started having seziures when he was 20 days old and now he is seven. I wouldn't worry to much about calling out an ambulance when your child is sick you never know if that going to be the one time when they will not come out of it naturally, my son started off just having them for a few minutes then suddenly he had one which lasted an hour and half and he know needs diazapan everytime he has a sezuire. We also know our ambulance men very well but they are understanding and say thats what their there for. As time goes by you will gain confidence and will begin to be able to handle the smaller sezuires yourself till you can handle all of them. It never gets any less upsetting but like us in time you will do what you child needs of you.

Old 09-05-2002, 09:28 AM   #6

tigger7 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by ammie123:
My son started having seziures when he was 20 days old and now he is seven. I wouldn't worry to much about calling out an ambulance when your child is sick you never know if that going to be the one time when they will not come out of it naturally, my son started off just having them for a few minutes then suddenly he had one which lasted an hour and half and he know needs diazapan everytime he has a sezuire. We also know our ambulance men very well but they are understanding and say thats what their there for. As time goes by you will gain confidence and will begin to be able to handle the smaller sezuires yourself till you can handle all of them. It never gets any less upsetting but like us in time you will do what you child needs of you.
My daughter has had 7 seizures in her life. They have all been basicly the same, although she had one in the hospital and she turned blue on the nurse. That was scary. that is the whole reason that we call the ambulance every time she has one. They come and look at her and she is fine, although they still want to take her to the hospital. I normally tell them if she is fine that I will call her doctor to see what he wants to do. I just ate to have them come out every time. Although her last seizure has been about 3 weeks ago. [smile] I hope to never see another one. She is on phenobarbital to keep them under control. They have not figured out why she is having them yet. Hopefully soon. Keep your fingers crossed and send lots of prayers that we won't see another seizure. Her sister had them at 3 months also, and it was due to a low B12. Her B12 was around 200 and it should be in the 700 range. Sorry for rambling.

Closed Thread