It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2002, 07:01 AM   #1
Inactive

shirlgirl HB User
Thumbs up coming off!

Hi gang,
This is y 5th week now on the Keppra and i am coming off the phenytoin very gradually every week, i am still taking the lamictal to. Keppra seems to be fine, but i felt very very tired for the first 2 weeks and still do very often, i also have slight rashes on my chest and tummy that are itchy, can this be a medical reaction to the keppra?
so eventually i will only be on lamictal and keppra, so lets hope this maybe stabilize me better and lets hope keppra works better for me than phenytoin did.
i have been very stable for the 3 months now..mmmmm.looking good.i have the hosp again on the 29th oct, prefer going the 3 monthly thing just now.
Cant wait till my xmas hols to fuerteventura at xmas..chill out a bit.
fly out on xmas day how brill!!!!!!
tc
shirlegirl

Old 09-04-2002, 11:23 AM   #2
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Smile

Hey Shirlgirl!

Glad to hear that things are going a lot more stable for you at the moment. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Yes I think the meds could be causing a rash. The same thing happened with me when I was on Tegretol only it was a lot more than just a slight case!!
A Christmas holiday to Fuertaventura sounds fab!! Hope you have loads of fun!

Take care!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Nic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2002, 12:44 PM   #3
Inactive

Tattoo HB User
Shirlgirl, I would definitely report the rash to your doc. It may not be the meds, but with Lamictal as with other meds, rashes need to be reported pronto. Tattoo

Old 09-05-2002, 09:37 AM   #4

tigger7 HB User
I agree that you should call your doctor. You may be having an alergic reaction to the meds. It won't hurt to ask and if you need to switch to something else they can do that, rather than putting up with the ichy rash.

Old 09-08-2002, 09:28 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi All,
The rash thing caught my eye! I have been getting this weird red-dotted rash, mostly on my lower legs. It's like bright red dots under the skin. My ankles have also been real puffy. Any suggestions? Oh, http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif I'm on tegretol. I'm supposed to have foot surgery this coming friday (THE 13TH!!!) and want everything to go smoothly. Be well all......Kathy

Closed Thread