It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2002, 03:26 AM   #1

kymbo HB User
Question Can Adderall cause petit mal seizures?

My child is 5 years old. From the age of 9-21 months she was treated for petit mal seizures (a reaction, I believe to the DPT immunization). She is now experiencing developmental delays (minimal) and behaviorial issues (moderate). She is being treated with Adderall for ADHD. Last week we saw what we believe were two petit mal seizures.

My question is this, could the adderall be stimulating her brain such that she is more prone to seizures? If caffiene isn't recommended, how could adderall and the like be good? I want to figure out if adderall is the problem before going in to the Doc. My fear is that they will Phenobarbitol her for another year, potentially needlessly, for a drug interaction.

I have reduced her medication levels and no "zoning out" spells are occuring so far.

Signed: Kymbo, a mom.

Closed Thread