It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2002, 10:52 PM   #1

becca27 HB User
Question do i need more tests?

Hi, Im 27 years old and recently had a grand mal seizure in the middle of a college class. I didn't know what had happened because the apparantly the professor just told everyone not to stare at me and continued to lecture. Luckily there was an EMT in my class who came back and helped me out of my desk onto the floor. I was taken to the emergency room where they gave me a catscan that came back normal. I didn't have any of the other tests such as ECT or PET though. They think the seizure was caused by an antidepressant I was on-Wellbutrin. I was just wondering if I should see a neurologist or if the catscan was enough. I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Old 10-15-2002, 06:26 AM   #2

MissingRay HB User
Becca,

Hi. If I were you I would go see a neuro. and see if you can get an EEG and an MRI done. Maybe you can get some answers if you do this. I wouldn't wait. I would go see a neuro. now.

Bridgette

------------------
Grieving over my boyfriend, Ray, who passed away from epilepsy on January 31, 2002 at the age of 23.

Ray suffered from myoclonic and grand mal seizures.

Loving father to our seven year old daughter.

Ray suffered from myoclonic and grand mal seizures.

Loving father to our daughter, Colleen Rae.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2002, 03:20 PM   #3

Abelle HB User
I would definately go see a nuero...it may prevent this happening again. you can never ever be to careful with your health, right?

------------------
"Life is what happens
while you're making
other plans"~John
Lennon
Lennon

Closed Thread