It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2002, 07:34 AM   #1

susieq35 HB User
Question what kind of seizures do i have

This may sound silly but my doctor has never really told me what kind of seizures i am experiencing I changed doctors but still dont really get it. I was told that my eeg was severly abnormal especially during strobes and hyper breathing. I know i have had 2 grandmals they are hard to miss.But I often walk around doing things i have dont remember..like taking all my can out of one cabinet or putting on my husbands clothes....I also at times sometime not with a seisure at least that i know of experience a very weird feeling like an outer body experience is creepy and make me feel sick...I suffer from extreme headaches still to and am on no complete coverage meds because of allergies. I take neurotin and did take phen for a while but could never wake up! I love to talk to others who have these experiences and know what kind of seizures i have.
thanks

Old 10-16-2002, 08:24 AM   #2

MissingRay HB User
Susieq35,

I have this great book called Fast Facts-Epilepsy. I looked up what you described is happening to you. I believe what you are having are complex partial seizures. Here is what the book says about them:

"previously called temporal lobe or psychomotor seizures, are the most common seizure type in adults and the most difficult to control. There may be a warning, called an aura, immediately preceding loss or reduction of awareness. Complex partial seizures usually last less than 3 minutes. During that time, patients may appear awake, but lose contact with their environment and do not respond normally to instructions or questions. Patients usually stare and either remain motionless or engage in repetitive semi-purposeful behaviour called automatisms, which may include the following: facial grimacing, gesturing, chewing, lip smacking, snapping fingers, repeating words or phrases, walking, running or even undressing. After a seizure, patients are often sleepy and confused and complain of a headache."

The out of body experience that you are having is your aura, as described in the paragraph above. An aura can consist of nausea or abdominal discomfort, faintness or dizziness, headache, numbness of hands-lip-tongue, throat sensation, chest pain, unpleasant taste, dread, dream state, "funny" feeling all over, surroundings appear strange, visions, deja vu, palpitations, forced thinking, auditory disturbance.

I hope this helps!
Bridgette

------------------
Grieving over my boyfriend, Ray, who passed away from epilepsy on January 31, 2002 at the age of 23.

Ray suffered from myoclonic and grand mal seizures.

Loving father to our seven year old daughter.

[This message has been edited by MissingRay (edited 10-16-2002).]

Loving father to our daughter, Colleen Rae.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2002, 04:08 AM   #3

Zat HB User
The best way to find out is to ask your Dr. point blank. If he gives you a runaround jsst gave him the ol' evil eye. LOL

zat

Old 10-18-2002, 04:17 AM   #4
Inactive

shirlgirl HB User
Hi missing ray,
I read your little paragraph at the bottom of your post to suzie, what happened to ray?
Very sorry to hear this!
tc
shirlgirlxxx.

and for suzie, get in there gal and get them told you want some answers, you find mostly they do all the talking as they know it all! well they do, but get them told you want to know it all to.
good and tc
shirlgirl.x.

Old 10-18-2002, 06:27 AM   #5

MissingRay HB User
Shirlgirl,

I have something posted here titled: Sharing My Story, Hopefully Bringing Some Awareness. And I'm about to put the full story in here titled: The Story Of Ray" if you would like to read them.

Thanks for asking,
Bridgette

------------------
Grieving over my boyfriend, Ray, who passed away from epilepsy on January 31, 2002 at the age of 23.

Old 10-18-2002, 09:07 AM   #6

susieq35 HB User
Talking

Thanks to all that answered.Bridgette I believe your right thanks fot the information>All those symptoms fit.I know i need to be more aggressive with talking to my doctors, They are always in a hurry and talk in language i dont understand,But i am paying them so i will assert myself more. I also am gping to look for the book bridgette suggested. thanks one and all.
Susie

Old 10-18-2002, 10:13 AM   #7

MissingRay HB User
Smile

Your welcome and I'm glad I helped.

Bridgette

------------------

Old 10-18-2002, 10:57 AM   #8

susieq35 HB User
Unhappy

You did! I also wanted to say sorry for your loss its tragic God Bless You.
suzie

Old 10-18-2002, 12:36 PM   #9

MissingRay HB User
Thanks

Bridgette

------------------

Closed Thread