It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2002, 07:25 AM   #1
Bleubird

Post do u call?

Do ur call ur doc after every seizure? I had one on the 14th (which the dr brought on at the E. clinic ) And I just had one this morning ... I have never had 2 in the same month ...... but I feel stupid calling to report them.

Old 10-24-2002, 08:04 AM   #2

mnsnellers HB User
A good thing to do would be to do what my Dr instructed me to do when I was going in for checkups, experimenting with meds and considering surgery. He gave me a calender to keep track of how many seizures I had every day. I brought that with me to every checkup. The biggest help with that is that I could go a couple of weeks without a seizure and then all of a sudden have 2 or more in one day. I had to have someone else keep track of them because I never know when I have had a seizure, but if you can keep track of them or have someone else keep track of them, it is very helpful. I hope this helps.

Jason

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2002, 08:23 AM   #3
Bleubird

Thanks ... I do kept them written down ....... I am conscience for some of my seizure .. I write what it feels like to me .. what I hear... then have my husband tell me what it is I am doing after I do pass out and write it down also . I always have the grandmal seizures but normally only once a month .. or every 3 weeks .....but never had one within a week from the last probably just from being pulled from my meds for a few days then taken right back on and with an addition 1000mgs a day to boot. I just hate having these things ... and I truely hate the hamburger tounge and lip I have after one ..... does anyone have do anything for the spots they bite after a seizure? I've tried the ambasol and such .. but am allergic to it . I get purple blotches all over me from it... Have any other ideas as to what to use to help it help a little faster?

Old 10-24-2002, 08:09 PM   #4

Mommeee HB User
I would contact your Neurologist and ask him/her specifically what they want you to do as far as reporting. Some prefer that you keep a seizure diary in between appointments. It depends on your seizure frequency. For me, for instance, my seizures are very well controlled. One seizure would mean a definate call to the Neuro and I am sure an imposed driving ban. (I have not had a seizure for over 2 years). But all that aside, I would not guess at what to do, I would specifically ask the Neuro what he wants you to do. They may want you to call and report, but you don't know unless you ask.

Closed Thread