It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2002, 08:07 AM   #1

lazoo HB User
Post couldbeworseaspose - have a ? for U

How often and how many seizures did you usually have when you were a child and as an adult when you were not medicated? Is the drug you are currently taking totally eliminating seizures?

Old 10-27-2002, 02:03 PM   #2
Inactive

Karla HB User
As a child I would have only a couple siezures a month. However, at 19 once I gave birth I started having seizures several times a day. In my mid twenties I started to have 30 seizures a day roughly. I never found a medication to work for me to prevent the seizures. When I was 28 I had a bad grand mal and have been seizure free for over 10 years now. Still no meds. Hope this info helps you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2002, 11:19 PM   #3
(male)

couldbeworsaspose HB User
To be honest,Idon't really know how many,as a child.Maybe 2 complex partials a month,but more simple partials.As I reached my 40's the complex partials increased a little,but they felt worse.The main problem was with my mental side,you know panic attacks and getting reclusive,etc.I started on tegretol but they just made me ill.So now I am on Lamictal and touch wood...siezure free for now.

Old 10-28-2002, 09:43 AM   #4

lazoo HB User
Karla - Do you feel the grand mal made your seizures disappear? What do you eat? Did you change your diet in any way or do anything else - chiropractic,etc? What were your seizures like? I'm trying so hard to help my daughter, she is only 8. Her seizures make her want to throw up. She has them less frequently, but now has clusters of about 20 a day when she does have them. She got much better when I changed her diet and started feeding her more frequently. Please any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 10-28-2002, 09:47 AM   #5

lazoo HB User
couldbeworseaspose - how long have you been on lamitical? Any side effects? I know you've said your thyroid wasn't functioning properly. Do you have a low body temp? Did you get fevers with your seizures? How did your parents not notice your seizures?

Closed Thread