It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2002, 08:06 AM   #1

Mizen HB User
Angry Tegretol and Epilim

My 8 year old is not responding to the Max dose of Tegretol for her age and weight. She has Complex Partial Epilepsy and this morning had a Grand Mal at breakfast. We called her Doc, who has sugested that we introduce Epilim again as an Add-on.

Has anybody had experience of these two drugs to-gether, I would love your input on how you coped with it and what dose was used. Our daughter has a learning disability and has a high pain threshold, she therefore never tells us if the meds are making her feel ill.

She was on Epilim only for about 9 months ( a high dose) without control of the seizures and during the time she was on it, her hair thinned and fell out in large bunches, she also lost a lot of weight and lost her apetite,( the opposite to the recorded side effect which is increased appetite and weight gain), however, when she was in the transition period of coming off the Epilim and moving on to the Tegretol she was seizure free for almost 2 months,

I feel very mixed up. Thanks everybody

Louise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread