It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2002, 08:19 PM   #1

bman227 HB User
Question Help with tongue biting....

I was just wondering if anyone out there bit their tongue alot from seizures and if you found any kind of solution to it ?? I have most of my seizures while sleeping and wondered if it would be dangerous to put something like a boxer's mouthgaurd in my mouth before I goto sleep........did anyone ever try that or hear of another solution or do i have to live with the problem....? Any help would be appreciated......thx

p.s. awesome website !!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2002, 08:24 PM   #2
Bleubird

I have been asking this question too!!! I have my seizure while I sleep also and always do a real number on my tounge and inside of my lips and mouth I have asked around ...and anything I thought of to stick in there I was told i'd either choke on it or the boxer mouth guard would cause bad tooth decay...... so I have left it at I'm going have to live with the hamburger mouth ...... if I hear of anything else I'll let you know..... Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2002, 02:39 PM   #3
(male)

couldbeworsaspose HB User
Talking

hi,
I haven't got one,but in England you can get a guard called a softbridge.Your dentist makes an impression and I am told It protects your tongue as well,and it can't be swallowed.I have trouble clenching my teeth so hard my crowns and jaw ache,I have also chipped teeth at night.I didn't know about the softbridge so I just had an impession of my bottom teeth,and had a guard made.It fits very tight and seems to work,but I dare say I will bite through It In time.Take care.
garry

Old 11-07-2002, 03:06 PM   #4
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
do you guys know what to search on, on the web for this? I type in softguard and it comes up with weird things other then what I am looking for.

Koko

Old 11-07-2002, 06:56 PM   #5
Bleubird

I would think it would be alot like those teeth whiting guards at the drug store .... boil it and make the impression ............ or even the guards boxers use that u can get in sports shops (i've even seen em at walmart)

Closed Thread