It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2002, 05:50 AM   #1

bayley HB User
Smile Newbie

Hi, I discovered this board last week and have been reading all of the messages since. It is amazing how much information all of you have and am so glad I found this! I am a 27 yr old who suffers from gm seizures. I had my first seizure at the age of 19. Cause unknown. I have 3-4 per year, within an hour of waking. As I've been reading some of the messages I'm wondering if this is common for gm's? My new neurologist has scheduled me for an MRI and EEG this following month so maybe those tests can show us something. I take 500mg of Dilantin per day. I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself so I don't feel like I'm "spying" on all of you. Again, thank you so much for sharing your life!!

------------------

Old 11-14-2002, 05:54 AM   #2

MissingRay HB User
Hi Bayley!

Welcome! My boyfriend also used to suffer from grand mal seizures about an hour or two after waking up in the morning. He would first have myoclonic seizures which would turn into grand mal seizures.

I'm glad your getting tests done. Good luck and if you can, keep us informed on how your tests come out.

Hope to talk to you soon,
Bridgette

------------------
Grieving over my boyfriend, Ray, who passed away from epilepsy on January 31, 2002 at the age of 23.

Ray suffered from myoclonic and grand mal seizures.

Loving father to our seven year old daughter.

Ray suffered from myoclonic and grand mal seizures.

Loving father to our daughter, Colleen Rae.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2002, 07:13 AM   #3

nkrett HB User
bayley:

has the neuro said that perhaps your seizures were sleep deprived? my daughter will go almost 6 months then have 1 or 2 grand mals. she has had a few of the partial seizures in between too. the neuro said that he believes they are sleep deprived seizures. i could honestly say yes to some but not too all of them. please watch the dilatin..my daughter didn't do too well on that drug, some depression problems!

Old 11-15-2002, 08:26 AM   #4

bayley HB User
Hi Bridgette, thank you for the welcome! I am terribly sorry to hear of you and your daughter's loss. I am at a loss for words. I read your message about the tradegy and my heart goes out to you two.
nkrett - thank you for the response. Yes, my gm's do occur after I have a change in my sleep pattern. Usually if I stay up late (past 11:00) two nights in a row I may have a seizure the next morning. This seems to be the only trigger. At my last dr. visit I realized that my balance is a little off (couldn't stand with my eyes closed and feet together for more than a few seconds). When my neurologist looked at my eyes, she seemed a little concerened about some "black spots" at the back of my eyes and wants my to get a dilated eye exam. She said everything is probably fine but wants to be sure. Has anyone ever heard of a connection between this and E?
Thanks for any input.

Closed Thread