It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2002, 01:56 AM   #1

peache HB User
Unhappy Afarid to sleep

Hello everyone~
I posted a while ago but I have a new question. I have partical complex seizures. I haven't had one in a while but the other night I woke up having one. Does anyone wake up to having one. My heart my racing, my whole body felt tingly and weird and it took a while for it to go away. Now I have associated sleeping with having a seizure and I cannot sleep. Does anyone else experience this at all? Any suggestions has to how I can deal with not being able to sleep?
Thanks,
Robyn

Old 11-16-2002, 10:54 AM   #2

lazoo HB User
Peache - can I ask a stupid ? - I thought people were unaware when they had a complex partial, as opposed to a simple partial? Obviously, that's not true if you knew you were having a seizure? Are you on any meds, if so which ones? Thanks,lazoo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2002, 11:32 AM   #3
Inactive

Karla HB User
I used to get complex partial seizures all the time, like 30 a day. I always knew when I was going to have one because I would get a pressure in my head and a funny smell and I knew when I was having one. I used to get them alot during my sleep as well. I guess I just excepted the fact that they were a part of my life and you can't live without sleep. I never had any trouble falling asleep. I would suggest if you are having anxiety over falling asleep you talk to your dr and see if he can either perscribe you something to help you fall asleep or else something for the anxiety you are feeling.

Old 11-16-2002, 04:25 PM   #4

peache HB User
Hi
Thanks for your relpy....I am on medicine, I am taking 600mg of carbatrol a day. I do know when I am having them. I get an aura right before they happen and I used to get pressure in my head. They don't happen often but recently they have been happening more and more and I have taken more medicine but the sleeping issure is really starting to affect me.
Thanks,
Robyn

Closed Thread