It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2002, 06:57 PM   #1

MrsPepper HB User
Question Surgery

I was diagnosed about 8 years ago and then had brain surgery 5 months ago. No matter what medication I've been on the seizures have always kept going. They may decrease a bit but then they start back up. I had some problems with the surgery, I lost some memory and eyesight and a little trouble with words now, but it seems the doctor doesn't think anything is really happening regarding epilepsy now. I'm still having auras which he says will go away. I'm also sure I had a complex partial. It started as always with a deja vu but was a little different. I still lost a bit of time but only a few seconds. No one around me thought I had one until I stood up to leave the room and I looked really sick. I was followed and when talked to had a little trouble talking which is more than I usually have now but less than old seizures. When I saw the doctor about it he just brought up regular deja vu's like this was nothing. However when deja vu's have been mentioned at older appointments it was accepted. I know it wasn't just deja vu! Has anyone else had anything like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread