It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2002, 12:35 PM   #1

April Watkins HB User
Question Will I always have it?

I am a 23 year old woman who just experienced her first Seziure. It was so bad I woke up in the ambulance. They gave me Dilantin but ever since that it has happened I have been so dizzy and can't even walk down the hall straight. I was wondering though, will I always have them and what could have caused it? I mean I had no warning what so ever. I was fine one minute and the next I woke up in the ambulance. Thank you.

Old 12-02-2002, 01:07 PM   #2

Mickaela HB User
Hi, I have done the same on many occasions when I have had fits. I have woken up in ambulances, hospitals and even round my neighbours and have no recognition of how I got there. I am only 17 and have had E for just over a year. I take carbamazepine and have been fit free for 10 months so I only actually had fits for about 6 months and hopefully i ownt have another one. Once you are on the right medication for you hopefully things will get better. I wish u the best of luck, Take care love mickaela xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2002, 01:08 PM   #3

Mickaela HB User
Hi, I have done the same on many occasions when I have had fits. I have woken up in ambulances, hospitals and even round my neighbours and have no recognition of how I got there. I am only 17 and have had E for just over a year. I take carbamazepine and have been fit free for 10 months so I only actually had fits for about 6 months and hopefully i ownt have another one. Once you are on the right medication for you hopefully things will get better. I wish u the best of luck, Take care love mickaela xxx

Old 12-02-2002, 02:11 PM   #4

April Watkins HB User
I hear you on that! Man it was scary! But I finally got to see the inside of an ambulance when I came too. ^_^ Well I just got back from the Dr. and she scheduled an EEG for me. ( I must say I have no clue what that is.) She put me on Darvascet and Dilantin. Anyone ever loose there sense of taste? Man that is weird! I am soooo dizzy it ain't even funny. I am gonna go lie down.........

Old 12-02-2002, 04:17 PM   #5

Utahmom HB User
The dizziness may be a side-effect of the Dilantin. My son was given Dilantin in September after a bad seizure and he had every bad side-effect from it. He couldn't walk on his own - very dizzy, couldn't remember anything, he was like a stroke victim. After the Dilantin wore off and he was back on his regular medication, Depakote, he was back to normal.

You should make sure your doctor knows the dizziness is not normal....

------------------
Mother of 15 year old son, Jared, born with Hydrocephalus and takes Depakote for seizures.

Old 12-04-2002, 11:30 PM   #6

Pacemaker52 HB User
Hey April:
I woke up from a sound sleep with 2 broken arms
as a result of a seizure on my bed, at age 48,no
history Been in ambulance because it was my job
Peace
Pacemaker(Steve)

Old 12-05-2002, 10:51 AM   #7

April Watkins HB User
OMG! Steve! How in the world did you manage that!? The gave me Dilantin AND Darvascet. Man my poor head! Will the dizziness ever go away? I mean last night I was in bed with my husband and even though I knew I was just fine it felt like I was gonna roll off! I had my eyes closed and I freaked out so bad he had to grab me so I was sure I wouldn't go anywhere.......

Old 12-13-2002, 07:55 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Dear April, I did not catch how long you have been on Dilantin. If it has been awhile you should talk to the neuro and tell him how bad the dizziness is. He may need to adjust the dose, do blood work to rule out toxicity.... hang in there. SO hard to function when you feel so dizzy. Be sure to call the doc...

------------------
Son, 11 with Epilepsy

Closed Thread