It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2002, 12:33 AM   #1

joey harrington HB User
Post getting off dilantin

I'm a college student who has been on dilantin the past 7 months due to a head injury and seizure that followed last spring. I was a very big drinker and this has been extreamly difficult for me. I will begin to get taken off of it in about a month, does anyone know of a timetable you should follow after being taken off of it in regards to alcohol? or any general takes on alcohol and seizures. I know i can ask my doctor but he is one of those bull****ters who gives you the best answer to cover his *** if anything should happen. any information would be greatley appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2002, 07:33 AM   #2
Bleubird

Alcohol is a big trigger for seizures ..... so I guess its up to you drink and have the seizures or cut back and be seizure free .... I personally would much rather be seizure free than get a high for a few hours.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2002, 08:20 AM   #3

lazoo HB User
When reading about Sudden Unexpected Death From Epilepsy, alcohol was listed as a contributing factor. It's not worth it. Just be the designated sober one for your crowd - if you can't have fun without the alcohol, you're not really having fun anyway.

Old 12-08-2002, 06:45 PM   #4

jdurrua HB User
The best way it has been described to me is that seizurs scare the brain and scares on the brain cause seizures so more abuse to the brain now can cause more problems later. Maby not what you want to hear but the truth

John

Closed Thread