It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2002, 06:34 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Post Seizures at same time of day?

Hi all,
It seems as if my seizures occur at around the same time of day each time, like between 11AM and 2PM. I was just wondering if this is a coincidence or if others have similar patterns. I see that many on this board talk about nocturnal seizures. I'm not sure if it has to do with the time of day I take my meds, or what. Anybody have any ideas....or similar seizure patterns? Thank you, Kathy

Old 12-14-2002, 09:00 PM   #2
Bleubird

Hello,

Mine are considered nocturnal seizures. But they always happen around 5-7am ...... every 3-4 weeks. Which I thought was terrible to have them that much. But after hearing how many others have them much more close. I am soooooooooooo glad mine happen once a month like clockwork. But I have a grandmal everytime.

Am on Keppra at the moment 1500mg/2x's daily and Lamictal 200mg/twice daily. And knock on wood I've gone 2 months with out one.... Hopefully they finally got these under control.

Good Luck to you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2002, 03:06 AM   #3
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Question

Hello Kathy,

Mine seem to have no pattern whatsoever. I've had seizures in the morning, afternoon and night. There has been no pattern that I can pick up on and I've even kept a seizure diary at my doc's request.

The seizure I had on Wed. night happened at 5.30pm and the following morning at about 9.30am I had a couple of small dizzy spells. Makes no sense!

Take care!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Nic

Old 12-15-2002, 07:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Hi there, If they are that consistant, maybe you could talk to your neuro about changing the time of doses. Just a thought. Maybe you need more in your PM dose. My sons are irregular, never know when they will hit. His are less than what so many hear deal with...

Hope you get these to calm down!!!

------------------
Son, 11 with Epilepsy

Old 12-15-2002, 01:01 PM   #5

Mickaela HB User
Hi Kathy, I was having my seizures at the same time of day to begin with and they changed the times and dosage of my medication, this worked at the begining but then my seizures started to occur at all times. be careful and take care. love mickaela xxxx

Old 12-15-2002, 03:42 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi All,
Aren't seizures mysterious things? And, each person is different. When you think of just about every other disease/condition, the symptoms are fairly consistent and predictable. But seizures can be as mild as a dazed feeling, and as devastating as to cause coma. The fact that some people have predictable seizures, and others have no pattern whatsoever does not surprise me.

I hope everyone is trying to keep the holidays as simple as possible. Remember....stress is not good for any of us! Be well everyone, Hugs, Kathy

Closed Thread