It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2002, 03:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Thumbs down Trouble dealing with all this!

Hello everyone. Hope you are all doing well. I really need some advice.

My neuro finally has decided that I have a seizure disorder and the reason all the tests keep coming back normal is because it comes from 'deep inside of my brain'. I am on dilantin, but I don't feel its helping me much. (I take it three times a day) I see my neuro in January.

My main problem is I'm having a hard time dealing with all this. Which is silly! I've been having problems for almost a year and a half. Maybe because the neuro actually gave 'it' a name??? I'm so.....depressed, angry, emotional!!!! I guess in my mind I could deny anything was wrong, but now......

Friday was awful! I had to drive my car a mile down the road to my sister-in-laws because her truck broke down(we work the same morning shift (3am to 11:30am) and she drives us. Well I went out and started the car, shut the door, and turned to walk back to the house. I got very flushed (which is my warning sign) and my husband found me 40 minutes later in the snow!!! Had my sister-in-law not called and woke him who knows how long I could of been out there!

What exactly should I watch out for? Whats safe?? I mean I know the basics..no driving, no baths, watch the steps, but what else am i not thinking of????? I'm scared to do anything at this point. And yet I'm so angry when someone does things for me. I feel like I'm not even close to the person I used to be!!!!! I just, I don't know, I'm just SO angry!!! How can I get over this????

Thanks!
Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2002, 06:05 PM   #2

jdurrua HB User
Talking

Lisa

Have you seen an EPILEPTOLOGIST yet? (The Websterís definition can be found at) [url="http://w3.uokhsc.edu/neuro/division/cope/tologist.htm"]http://w3.uokhsc.edu/neuro/division/cope/tologist.htm[/url]

I have had Epilepsy my whole life (age 36) and had some bad times about 3 yrs ago. My local Nero had me go to an Epileptologist and he was very proactive. I must say my life is better now then it ever has been

Best of luck

John

Old 12-17-2002, 11:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Hang in there, it is so very hard to deal with it all! I have found we deal ok for awhile and when a new thing comes on us, like a dx of learning disability, there is another time of mourning. There is a loss of your easier way of life. It is hard, but you will keep going. Good to acknowledge when you feel so down. Then move on. One safety note, some find it a good idea to change the hinge in the bathroom so the door opens out. If you ever seize in there people can get at you for assistance. (Sam is supposed to have someone in the bathroom with him, we compromise by having the door open and have him whistle or sing so we know he is ok) Never swim alone(good for all of us!!) Have a medic alert bracelt at all times.

Closed Thread