It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2002, 02:39 PM   #1

Rhonda Mann HB User
Red face sleepiness

Once again today while driving back from my therapist I HAD AN OVERWHELMING sleepiness which resulted in my running off the road.Anyone else have anything like this?

Old 12-12-2002, 11:14 PM   #2

Pacemaker52 HB User
Exclamation

You might want to find out what causes you
to fall asleep, Check with your Doc about
a sleep study
Peace
Pacemaker(Steve)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2002, 10:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Rhonda Mann, did you ever call you doc about this? Could it have been a seizure? Meds off or blood levels not right? Hope things are better... no more naps on the road!!

Old 12-18-2002, 05:46 AM   #4

Rhonda Mann HB User
I had an eeg on monday. It was at the veterans hospital so I won't get the results until after the first of the year. The tech who did the test said they were backed up to July.My meds are lamictal, 100mg daily,tramadol hcl 400mg a day,zyrtec 5mg daily, albuterol inhaler and aerobid inhaler, and ranitidine 300mg. I was on these for about two years before I started having problems. The lamictal was at a very low dose for a long time. 25mg. We have been increasing it lately.The plan is to take the dose up gradually. My phyciatrist sayed that the minimum effective dose for most people is 200mg.I have not been to anyone in the nuero department yet. I don't know if they have put in a consult yet but it can take over a year to get into some clinics at the VA. I had 4 days of none stop seizure activity, started my period and it stopped.

Closed Thread