It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2002, 02:27 AM   #1

Mommeee HB User
Red face Baby still not here yet!

Well, here it is, Nov. 1st, 2 days after my due date. so much for that theory that women with Epilepsy have premature babies, huh? On Monday the doc predicted that this "Topamax baby" is currently about 8 and 1/2 to 9 whopping pounds too! We are hoping that is also a predictor of good health...LOL. They say if the baby does not come by Monday 11/4, they will consider induction. They do not want to let me go too late because of size of baby, my seizure history, blah...blah...etc. Perhaps labor today??? After all, it is my wedding anniversary http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif)

Old 11-01-2002, 04:55 AM   #2
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
8-9 pounds did i read that right? OMG!!! my prayers will be with you mommie but I am glad it's not me LOL
that kid is going to be a wrestler weather it's male or female

Hugs
Koko

P.S. Happy anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Kokopelli (edited 11-01-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2002, 08:24 AM   #3
Bleubird

I was going post and see if anyone knew weather u had him/her yet..... I too am very thankful I am not the one going deliever 8-9 pound baby ...... wow ....... Good Luck and I'll be praying that you have a quick easy delivery with a very heathly baby .......

Happy Aniversary too........

[This message has been edited by Bleubird (edited 11-01-2002).]

Old 12-03-2002, 02:15 PM   #4

Gringa HB User
Question

Hi Jeanne,
I'm very curious as to how your delivery went and how your baby is doing. I was recently on Topamax for migraines. I was taking 75 mg every day. I did notice that my headaches got better/less frequent. I was probably on the med for 3 1/2 weeks when I found out I was pregnant. I called my doctor and he weaned me off the medicine. I'm only 5 weeks and I can't help but wonder if it will affect my baby's health. There's not much out there for info as you know. I've already signed up with the AED Pregnancy registry to help others who are looking for studies on this drug and pregancy. Let me know how things went.

Old 12-17-2002, 11:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Hi Gringa, congrats on the pregnancy! Hope things are going fine. I will try some searches to see if there is nay more info on it...

Old 12-18-2002, 11:19 PM   #6

Mommeee HB User
It's a girl! Liberty Joy was born on 11/3/02 weighing 7 pounds 15 ounces. She is healthy and wonderful. There was a small complication due to meconium (she pooped before she was born....this sometimes happens when babies are late...has nothing to do with Topamax) and she had pneumonia from getting the meconium (baby poop) in her lungs, so she had to be treated with antibiotics in the hospital for 7 days. My delivery, as they are historically was quick. I went into the hospital at 4pm and delivered Liberty at 7:10pm. No pain meds...no epidural...vaginal delivery. NO SEIZURES and still no seizures. I am doing great....Liberty is doing great. She appears to have no problems from the Topamax. She is a little "piggy baby" too. She is already up to 12 pounds!!! So definately no appetite problems!!!LOL

Old 12-19-2002, 06:51 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Congratulations!!! So very happy that you are both doing well!! The only time in a girls life where being a piggy wiggly are praised!!! Enjoy!!!

Closed Thread