It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2003, 11:07 PM   #1

Sweetshay30 HB User
Talking Topamax OUT......Trileptal IN

Hello everyone....well we tried Topamax and OMG I ha the worstreaction to it. It actually aggravated the seizures I was having and made them worse. It was scary. So Doc decided to try me on Trileptal which I have just started 300 mg a day and moving up to 600 mg tomorrow. So far I feel good....no major side effects to peak of. I hope it continues this way. If anyone else is n Trileptal and have any advice or concerns that they can share please do. I am new to Epilepsy and seeking as muc info as I can.This has been vry scary to me and I'm not one to take drugs without worrying...so if you have some positive stories for me I'd love to hear them....!! Thanks everyone!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2003, 04:02 PM   #2

simeone HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetshay30:
Hello everyone....well we tried Topamax and OMG I ha the worstreaction to it. It actually aggravated the seizures I was having and made them worse. It was scary. So Doc decided to try me on Trileptal which I have just started 300 mg a day and moving up to 600 mg tomorrow. So far I feel good....no major side effects to peak of. I hope it continues this way. If anyone else is n Trileptal and have any advice or concerns that they can share please do. I am new to Epilepsy and seeking as muc info as I can.This has been vry scary to me and I'm not one to take drugs without worrying...so if you have some positive stories for me I'd love to hear them....!! Thanks everyone!!
Hi I am on 200mg of Dilantin twices a day, 300mg of Trileptal twices a day, 50mg of topamax twices a day and I am still getting partials seizures. I just do not know what to take anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2003, 04:30 PM   #3

Sweetshay30 HB User
Red face

I am still having partial seizures too. Of course I just started treatment so not sure what Doc plans to do if they dont subside. I surely dont want to be on 3 different meds as you are....I feel bad for you , I hope they can find something that works foryou. Keep me posted OK?

Old 01-07-2003, 10:31 AM   #4

simeone HB User
Quote:
I am still having partial seizures too. Of course I just started treatment so not sure what Doc plans to do if they dont subside. I surely dont want to be on 3 different meds as you are....I feel bad for you , I hope they can find something that works foryou. Keep me posted OK?
Hi there again
One good thing I have done since my grand-mal seizure in april of last year I started a journal how I feel when I have my partials what kind of medication I am on, so it help when i go see my doctor the days and times I have my partials and how I saw that I have my partial before,during and after my period. This is the best thing I ever done. Of course I have a great husband that supports me, but it's nice to have somewhere to write your feelings. Hope to hear from you. I am going to see my doctor again.

Old 01-07-2003, 10:46 AM   #5

Sweetshay30 HB User
Talking

My husband is also very supportive....even though he is still learning and trying to get used to the fact that I have epilepsy. I was in denial for the first month or so after the diagnoses. I'm just worried that since my seizures are not toally controlled...does this mean I need more medication?? Or do some people just never get them under control? I can live with the 2 or 3 I have a day because I was having alot more than this!! I dont see the Doc again until Feb so I guess we'll see what happens then. Please let me know how your appt went today. Good luck !!!

Old 01-07-2003, 11:01 AM   #6

simeone HB User
Quote:
My husband is also very supportive....even though he is still learning and trying to get used to the fact that I have epilepsy. I was in denial for the first month or so after the diagnoses. I'm just worried that since my seizures are not toally controlled...does this mean I need more medication?? Or do some people just never get them under control? I can live with the 2 or 3 I have a day because I was having alot more than this!! I dont see the Doc again until Feb so I guess we'll see what happens then. Please let me know how your appt went today. Good luck
!!!
Hi there
Are you the grand-mal seizures or the partials seizures and what kind of medications you are one. I was in denial to for a month or two and sometime I get depressed. I have not had a grand-mal seizures since April of last year but I still have partials. I can't get a app to see my doctor for a other 2 weeks. So get back to me. People do get better, have hope.

Old 01-07-2003, 11:32 AM   #7

Sweetshay30 HB User
Talking

Hey....I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy....which supposedly is Partial seizures I guess. I did have one seizure that I actually had muscle spasms and couldnt speak or move. But most are just staring spells and feeling strange.

Closed Thread