It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2003, 11:56 AM   #1

Sweetshay30 HB User
Question Trileptal & Alcohol??

I just have a Q? for people who are on Trileptal. I've only been on this med for 2 weeks now and I was planning to go out with some friends and was wondering if one drink is going to hurt me? I'm scared but I do like to have a drink every now and then but wanted to be sure it was ok or not. Dont want to ask my Doc cuz I know what he will say...I wanted to talk to someone who has personal experience with this drug. Thx so much!!

Old 01-09-2003, 10:10 PM   #2

simeone HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetshay30:
I just have a Q? for people who are on Trileptal. I've only been on this med for 2 weeks now and I was planning to go out with some friends and was wondering if one drink is going to hurt me? I'm scared but I do like to have a drink every now and then but wanted to be sure it was ok or not. Dont want to ask my Doc cuz I know what he will say...I wanted to talk to someone who has personal experience with this drug. Thx so much!!
Hi There:

I have been on trileptal for a few month now and something I have one glass of wine with my supper, and don't see a differents.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2003, 03:49 AM   #3

satman HB User

[This message has been edited by satman (edited 02-16-2003).]

Old 01-12-2003, 09:34 AM   #4

simeone HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by satman:
I am on 1350 mg of trileptal. Occasionally after my evening dose, I will feel very dizzy or lightheaded, a very common side effect of trileptal. With that in mind, I think that with the addition of alcohol into the picture can only compound the side effects. At the very least, keep it in moderation. Not to sound like your doctor, but epilepsy and alcohol are a bad combination. Again, I think moderation would be wise.
Hi There

When I said that I have one glass of wine with my supper that only twices a year. I take my Epilepsy very serious. And do not think that people should drink while they are on those medications,. Thank you.

Old 01-12-2003, 11:53 AM   #5

satman HB User
Oh Simeone:
I did not mean to offend anyone. Please forgive me if I came across offensively. I was simply expressing my experience with trileptal whose main side effects are dizziness and my concern would be that adding alcohol to the equation would only compound it. Actually I have heard that a little bit of vino, (wine), is good for the system, helps clean the blood. Again, please forgive me if I offended you.
God Bless....In HIS Service....Dan

Old 01-14-2003, 08:20 AM   #6

simeone HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by satman:
Oh Simeone:
I did not mean to offend anyone. Please forgive me if I came across offensively. I was simply expressing my experience with trileptal whose main side effects are dizziness and my concern would be that adding alcohol to the equation would only compound it. Actually I have heard that a little bit of vino, (wine), is good for the system, helps clean the blood. Again, please forgive me if I offended you.
God Bless....In HIS Service....Dan
Hi There
No offend taken.

Closed Thread