It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2002, 06:36 PM   #1

jdurrua HB User
Post Trileptal

Hi

Is anyone else out their on Trileptal? I have had seizuers since birth but started having PCS (Partial Complex Sezures) about 2 years ago. it seams to work but still have break throughs. My doctor has me on Ativan also..... When I have an aura (feel a sezure coming on) I put an ativan under my toung and it stops or decreases the efects of the seizure

Anybody else have things like this

Thanks

John

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2002, 09:09 PM   #2

lazoo HB User
I was giving my daughter ativan when she had clusters of partial seizures. It didn't seem to help. Does it speed up your heart rate? Trying to figure out if it was the ativan or the seizures that caused her heart rate to rise so rapidly. The neuro's nurse said it was the ativan, but she also told me her seizures were something she would outgrow. Diff doc tells me she has a tumor. So I guess she was wrong. I feel it was the repeated seizures causing the rapid heart rate. Thanks, lazoo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2002, 06:06 AM   #3

jdurrua HB User
My wife has given ativan to me at the start of a seizure and it has shortened the length of it. I have not noticed anything with my hart rate but the funny thing is that I do get allot of auras with no seizures so how do I know if it is working or not?

Old 12-09-2002, 06:59 AM   #4

lazoo HB User
I should add sometimes her seizures do change after giving the ativan. She does this swallowing thing repeatedly for about a minute - 1 1/2 min - same as seizure time. Doc told me not to give it to her anymore - to use Diastat.

Old 12-10-2002, 05:53 AM   #5
(female)

Rebecca's Mom HB User
Hi - I use diasat rectal injection for my daughter and found it works better than the ativan. She is also on Trileptal - but we reduced the dosage to 300mg as she was way too lathargic and had too much weight loss on the full dose. It was a decision on side effects vs. seizures and we are going with less meds and some quality in between them.......Paula

Old 01-14-2003, 08:08 PM   #6

simeone HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by jdurrua:
Hi

Is anyone else out their on Trileptal? I have had seizuers since birth but started having PCS (Partial Complex Sezures) about 2 years ago. it seams to work but still have break throughs. My doctor has me on Ativan also..... When I have an aura (feel a sezure coming on) I put an ativan under my toung and it stops or decreases the efects of the seizure

Anybody else have things like this

Thanks

John
Hi There

I am on Trileptal and topomax and dilantin and I still have partials seizures. One day at a time. Good Luck.

Closed Thread