It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2003, 06:57 AM   #1

Rodman HB User
Wink Hyperfast "slideshow" images

Hello to all . . . and wishing you well,
I'm new here, and in the process of learning all I can about what I have called my "brain-storms" - first that they are actually seizures. As a child, I now recall being quite sick following a ride in the car where alternating sunlight and shadows from trees flickered across the windshield. Then when I was nineteen I hit my head skateboarding ( before helmets were in vogue ) and wound up in the hospital for a week. Two years ago I was watching a movie filmed in that quick flash forward style, and it put me on the floor with tunnel vision and numbness in my arms and legs. When the paramedics showed up they said I must have had a siezure of some sort - " It happens to some people " they said. What is intriguing to me is that at times of high stress I have this Hyperfast slideshow that flashes in my vision, a kind of frantic photoalbum of all kinds of scenes from anything I might have seen ever. The first time it was followed by a little numbness, so I decided that the next time I saw it I would slow it down consciously and stop it on one image before it got out of hand. It doesn't happen all that often, so I always thought it was just a quirky way my brain "stormed". I just met someone with a much more serious condition who I hope will shed more light on this since coincidentally she has the same "slideshow" effect. I would truly appreciate knowing more - especially if someone else has the same experiences. Thanks mostly for being there - especially you who are loving parents,
Yours truly,
Rodman

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread