It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2003, 05:32 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Angry the bad days always come!

Hello! well where to start!!!!

I went to work today, like any other day. I was having some pain in my temple when I bent down and a little dizziness here and there, but otherwise doing okay. As I continued to work I began zoning alittle. Next thing I know my fellow co-workers find me laying in a aisle (i work at a store stocking shelves). After a seizure sometimes I simply lay with my eyes open, I'm completely unaware of anything around me. Well that is how they found me. One sat with me until I came to and then I went back to work (really slowly). I'm so embarrassed. Sounds stupid I know. I've lived with this for two years now. But after it happens there are so many people who won't look me in the eye after it happens. Yet minutes before it they were joking around with me. I do understand though. They don't know what to say or do. And neither do I.

I hate this!!!!! I want my old life back!!!!! I know, I know.. deal with it! Sometimes its just overpowering.

I was so excited my doc uped my meds and I hadn't had any in two weeks. I guess there was a part of me that thought maybe they had disappeared the same way they had appeared! Silly huh? Thats the longest stretch for me in months. I was at the every four day mark with 1 to 20 seizures in that lucky day. I only had that one today, so why ain't I happy??? I'm tired of dealing with all this! All the ups and downs.....

In case you can't tell I'm having a really bad sorry for myself day, sorry you are having to deal with it too! Guess I needed to vent to people who understand how I'm feeling.

Hope your day was better than mine!

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2003, 06:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
SOrry you had a bad day Lisa. I REALLY hope that tomorrow is a much better one for you. It is so horrible to have to deal with the ups and downs of this nasty disorder.
Hope typing the words helped you some. Hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day...

Old 01-21-2003, 11:29 PM   #3

kipp77 HB User
Question

Lisa,

Boy do I know where you are coming from! That's why I said in my intro that the first thing I do is try to find a place to hide (typically the restroom). One of the worst memories of my entire life was having my stomach pumped that one time they found me lying on the floor totally out of it.

Your msg implies that you have some kind of advance warning or feeling that something is not right. Could you go "hide" until it either passes or happens?

Closed Thread