It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2002, 11:04 AM   #1

clouconst HB User
Question Vanderbilt Epilepsy Center

Hi,
My son goes to Vanderbilt University in Nashville. Does anyone know anything about this Epilepsy Clinic? His Doctor is Dr. Abou-Khalil. So far he is being evaluated for surgery but his focus is in the languauge centers so they have decided to treat him with medicine for a year then see what happens. So far not so good and he had 18 seizures last month. He goes back in 2 weeks and I'm going to push him into continuing his evaluation.
I would appreciate any replies.
Thanks

Old 11-13-2002, 03:48 PM   #2
Inactive

nebron HB User
Hi,

I was just told by my doctor today that they will be sending me to Vandy's Epilepsy Clinic for Evaluations and I'm curious to know how thing has been going for you. I heard that they had a great progam here and I pray that they have helped you in a tremodous way. I pray God's Blessing upon you and your family.Love,
Tiffany

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2003, 03:56 PM   #3

alan71 HB User
I've been to the Vanderbilt Epilepsy Center and I've seen Dr. Khalil. He's an incredible Dr. He knows what he's talking about.

Old 01-19-2003, 08:40 AM   #4

kipp77 HB User
I have no clue as to the specifics of your son's case but, I would like to mention a couple of things. I historically go through what I call "seizure cycles" where I may go a few months without any problems at all, then I'll go thru a two-week period where I'll have three or four seizures (grand mal) a day.

Over many years, I learned to manually adjust my dilantin dosage to its MAX whenever a "seizure cycle" began.

Also, this zonegran stuff that my new neurologist has me taking has been fantastic (in my case). Not to say it would help in your son's case, but I would suggest it to his Doctor.

Old 01-22-2003, 09:05 AM   #5

clouconst HB User
Hi,
My son is still on three medications and is still having about 20 partials a month. He has been booked in June for a week in the Epilpesy Clinic. They are going to do the grid testing to see if he is a candidate for surgery. His focus is in the rear Left temporal lobe, ( Not the best place for surgery) But we will see. He goes back to Dr.Khalil in Feb. to set up the WADA test. I really hope this works because my son is suffering so. He will be 15 in June and it really hurts to see all of his friends getting their driving permits and he can't. I sure hope this works.

Closed Thread