It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2003, 12:55 PM   #1

hope246 HB User
Post My son has been diagnosed w/Partial Complex Seizures...

In searching for a place to pose my ques., I have found you guys. This board is the 5th one I have checked out and the only one of the 5 that have current posts.

My 16mos. son had 2 partial complex seizures the first week of November. Since then we have been to the peditrician, ped. neurologist, and to the hospital for testing. He has already had an EEG which came back normal. On Jan. 7th he had an MRI along with the urine and blood tests done. I got a cal last Fri. from the neurologist's nurse stating tha we need to repeat the labs because of high levels. I didn't understand what she was talking about since she was using all medical terms. When questioning her about what the 1st labs results were and why we needed to repeat them, she was short. So, when I took my son in yesterday to repeat the labs I got a little info but I'm still curious as to what these terms could mean. He was getting tested for organic acids & lactic acids. Can anyone here give more insight to these terms or have you had to go through the similair testing process??

Old 01-23-2003, 01:31 PM   #2

kasandrasdad HB User
Hope246---- I wish you the best of luck with your son. My daughter was 14 mos. when she first started having seizures. We went through all the tests, and they all came back ok. It wasn't until she had Long term monitoring(an EEG test that usually occurs for 5-7 days straight), that the hospital was finally able to see what and where the problem was. It was the same as your son, partial complex seiz's. Since then she has been to a few more EEG's, and MRI, and numerous blood tests. The doctors still do not know what the cause of the seiz's are. I feel for you, as I too am in need of some answers. They put my daughter on Pheno-barbitral for her seiz's, but she did not take to that very well. They now have her on Tegretol, and it seems to be having some effect, but she now has major headaches. She (BOO--my daughters nickname) will be two in a couple of weeks. If you are to find anything out I would be glad to hear from you, so maybe I could ask her doc's. Thanks for your time, and I wish you all the best of luck. You are in our prayers. Hang in there!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread